Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Dorene1

Celebrity Summit
Member Name: Dorene1
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: other
See More About: Celebrity Summit Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Celebrity stilll has a great cruise
I booked this cruise early, and I had to once again do the Aqua Class, as I did on the Eclipse. While I know the Summit and the Eclipse are not the same ship there should be the same service. My cabin was nice I was very worried because I read a review that said it does not get any sun, well I am so glad I didnt listen in fact I almost changed my cabin, it does get sun and it was a large balcony. I was not too pleased with my cabin steward, I couldnt get towels for my cabin or beach. The cabin not as clean as I had in the past.

Blue while I was very excited about eating there again, this time not too much. I am not big on duck and I didnt find the food quite as exciting as before. The couldnt get my poached eggs for breakfast right.....either too runny or over done. The best meal was the fillet mignon, really good fork tender. It seemed there was not enough people working and this may have been a reason.

The ship was very nice, no complaints I enjoyed it very much. I didnt see the cruise director too much. My biggest complaint is the entertainment......ugh.....please change the music by the pool, it was like dinner music. The music in the casino was what they should be playing. No live music and not many entertainers really surprised. I did enjoy the no smoking in the casino!!! however, the slot machines I didnt really like. I am not saying I didnt enjoy the cruise, and I will cruise Celebrity again and again. I would just like them to change some of the entertainment. The comedian was really the only entertainment I liked. The food has slipped a bit but also the service has changed, I didnt get that attention as in the past. I most likely would not do the Aqua Class again on the Summit unless it was the same price I paid for my early booking (it was double per person later on)

I do love Celebrity, sometimes I wish I could take a little something from each cruiseline and make a spectacular cruise line.....LOL

You will be happy cruising the Summit, nice ship....but be prepared the music and entertainment really needs improvement.

Dorene