Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by YukonDeacon

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by YukonDeacon
Grandeur of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Member Name: YukonDeacon
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Grandeur needs a bit of tweeking
This was our 9th cruise on RCI, we are Emerald members but if this was my first with them, it would be my last. There is an interior central area, the Centrum, that is about 6 decks high and reverberates sound, does not have anywhere near adequate seating and smells like sewage, especially at the bar and especially in port. So this is where the "entertainers" did their thing; not a good idea! The "aerialists" were ho hum and were invisible to most of the viewers on other than deck 4.

The staff were the usual great crowd,especially our stateroom attendant and the Dining room wait staff.

I had recent knee surgery, I limp and use a cane, but for the very long walk from check in to where the ship was docked no one asked if I would like assistance.

The Internet was very expensive and ate up time by logging me on and then waiting up to 5 min to tell me the Internet was down, 5 min I had to pay for! The South Pacific lounge had no bartenders most evenings but was the only quiet place to sit with friends. Although I like most music, I definitely do not like the decibel level that most of the areas had. The usual lobster on one night and the baked Alaska were missing but you could buy one lobster for $25 which seems to be a cut back but that is the sort of thing that turns cruisers to other lines. We did not use the extra Dining experiences, I paid for the regular menu food in the cruise price, if I want to get a "theme meal" I can do that on land. We chose the late sitting and each night ate with the same 6 strangers who became friends, one of the reasons that I like the formal dining room. The food was adequate but not as good as on other ships.

All in all, not as good a cruise as it should have been. AND WHERE ARE THE CHOCOLATES ON OUR PILLOW! Come on RCI, charge another 5 bucks and bring back the chocolates!

Publication Date: 11/04/12