Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by YukonDeacon: Grandeur needs a bit of tweeking

YukonDeacon
Member Since 2012

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Grandeur needs a bit of tweeking

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

This was our 9th cruise on RCI, we are Emerald members but if this was my first with them, it would be my last. There is an interior central area, the Centrum, that is about 6 decks high and reverberates sound, does not have anywhere near adequate seating and smells like sewage, especially at the bar and especially in port. So this is where the "entertainers" did their thing; not a good idea! The "aerialists" were ho hum and were invisible to most of the viewers on other than deck 4.

The staff were the usual great crowd,especially our stateroom attendant and the Dining room wait staff.

I had recent knee surgery, I limp and use a cane, but for the very long walk from check in to where the ship was docked no one asked if I would like assistance.

The Internet was very expensive and ate up time by logging me on and then waiting up to 5 min to tell me the Internet was down, 5 min I had to pay for! The South Pacific lounge had no bartenders most evenings but More was the only quiet place to sit with friends. Although I like most music, I definitely do not like the decibel level that most of the areas had. The usual lobster on one night and the baked Alaska were missing but you could buy one lobster for $25 which seems to be a cut back but that is the sort of thing that turns cruisers to other lines. We did not use the extra Dining experiences, I paid for the regular menu food in the cruise price, if I want to get a "theme meal" I can do that on land. We chose the late sitting and each night ate with the same 6 strangers who became friends, one of the reasons that I like the formal dining room. The food was adequate but not as good as on other ships.

All in all, not as good a cruise as it should have been. AND WHERE ARE THE CHOCOLATES ON OUR PILLOW! Come on RCI, charge another 5 bucks and bring back the chocolates! Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Grandeur of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 4

Adequate cabin. No room for suitcases but the attendant was able to get one of three under the bed. Good location near elevators.

Embarkation was in Venice. We had a very long walk to the ship. The Italian immigration could not have been more rude if they had tried.
Read 510 Venice Reviews