Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by 4myfamily

13-15 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Pride of Aloha - Hawaii
My family of 4 (including 2 adult sized teenage boys) sailed on the POA during February school vacation week here in the Northeast. The venue (Hawaii) and getting away from the snow in February had a lot to do with our experience but I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the wonderful week we had. I had been reading numerous reviews of the ship and crew in the weeks prior to our departure and was expecting the cruise from Hell. It truly was not that. I won't get into details here as I have posted a lengthy review on another thread - do a search on Pride of Aloha and my user name to read it.

I will, however, say that the following things stood out favorably on our trip: - Golf arrangements and assistance (thanks Kristen) - Shore excursions - Buffet food (for the most part - especially the ribs and the omelet/waffle stations) - Teen activities and variety of options - Room service.

On the other hand, I did experience a few setbacks: - size of cabin (expected this though due to the dimensions) - longer than expected wait for DR seatings - lack of transportation if not taking cruise-sponsored excursions

Everything we asked of our cabin steward was delivered the first time we asked. My kids also enjoyed the pizza (which was quite good) and found the Longboard Sports Bar where they could play sports trivia and get items such as french fries, pizza, fish and chips, buffalo wings, etc. Given I have teenage boys, the sail away BBQ's were a big hit. We only tried the restaurants twice (once each in Crossings and Palace) No difference in the menus save the nightly special and the service was Ok. We never tried the fee restaurants and our $10 per-day per-person charge was waived for our cruise - which I much preferred.

Overall, my husband summed it up when he said it's a great way to see Hawaii and we'd do the cruise again on the POA for the transportation value alone. I think we'd get our kids a separate cabin though!

Publication Date: 07/23/05