“Celebrity Constellation ”

Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
First let me tell you that we had a great time, we met some great people, ate some wonderful food on the ship and in ports (especially Tapas), and drank some of the best wine and beer I've every had. THE PORTS · Le Havre: $15 bus trip to get into the town; spent the morning at the open market, tasting food and buying bread and cheese to bring back to the ship. We LOVE the bread in Europe. Next day spent 2½ hours going to Paris and 2½ hours coming back. Folks, that's five hours of your day on a tour bus. Really? · La Verdon: Worst port ever. There was absolutely nothing in port; really, you were at Celebrity's beck and call. It was 2½ hours to Bordeaux or a transfer for $8 to a local town. Slulac (local town and only town) was cute, but it's a resort town and this time of year half of it was closed down. · Bilbo: Again, a $15 bus trip to get into town. The options were to wait for a free shuttle that held only 18 people or to share a taxi with another couple for 5 Euros each. I'd rather spend the money than wait in line for anything. The town was quaint and the people were nice. · Vigo: The ship was docked right in town, no bus ride needed. Today is Sunday so most everything was closed, but we still managed to find a cool outside bar for a wine and beer pick-me-up. · Porto: Free shuttle to the end of the pier, because no walking was allowed on this working pier. Lots of decently priced excursions: We did "EP15 Oporto City and River Cruise," and did some wine tasting, which was very enjoyable. THE SHIP Bathroom: The blow dryer in the bathroom got so hot holding it, I had to dry my hair in shifts. Smokers beware! Constellation is a NON-smoking ship. No smoking in the casino, nor on your own balcony. There are a very few small sections on the ship designated for smoking. Wi-Fi: Hubby says Constellation's Wi-Fi service is not up to par. Had to wait two days to download an email. Food: Quite good. I had osso bucco one night in the MDR and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Had the buffet for breakfast every morning. I think they need to arrange it better, getting everything together and eating it HOT was very difficult. Coffee area also needs better a layout. We never ate lunch on the ship because we were too busy eating and drinking in bars while we were out and about. We also tried the Tuscan Grill, where both food and service were excellent. Casino: Here the facilities show some age. The machines pay in quarters--when is the last time you saw that? But that did not keep me away. I was a regular customer. I heard they are refurbishing it next month. Entertainment: Excellent! We thoroughly enjoyed the Broadway shows, magician, juggler and the cruise director herself doing a one-woman show. She was great. I cannot forget the funniest piano player/singer and comedian Perry Grant. A must see... All in all, we had a great time. The only real frustration was that several of the ports of call required such long bus rides into towns of note.
Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

1B7102
We were in cabin 7102, and I know it was like every other balcony, but it was small. I mean from the top of your headboard to the wall for the next cabin was just small. Hubby and I kept bumping into each other we had to wait for one person to pass by the bed so the other could go by. I don't remember that being a problem before on a cruise. There was enough storage, the bathroom was roomy, and the shower was a good size.

Port
Way to far away from Paris, 2 1/2 hrs by bus there and back....that's 5 hours of your day in a bus! yuck!
Read 180 Le Havre Reviews
Published 11/04/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Constellation Review
Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?