Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Lucanna

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Lucanna
Member Name: Lucanna
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: 1B
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Celebrity Constellation
First let me tell you that we had a great time, we met some great people, ate some wonderful food on the ship and in ports (especially Tapas), and drank some of the best wine and beer I've every had.

THE PORTS

· Le Havre: $15 bus trip to get into the town; spent the morning at the open market, tasting food and buying bread and cheese to bring back to the ship. We LOVE the bread in Europe. Next day spent 2½ hours going to Paris and 2½ hours coming back. Folks, that's five hours of your day on a tour bus. Really?

· La Verdon: Worst port ever. There was absolutely nothing in port; really, you were at Celebrity's beck and call. It was 2½ hours to Bordeaux or a transfer for $8 to a local town. Slulac (local town and only town) was cute, but it's a resort town and this time of year half of it was closed down.

· Bilbo: Again, a $15 bus trip to get into town. The options were to wait for a free shuttle that held only 18 people or to share a taxi with another couple for 5 Euros each. I'd rather spend the money than wait in line for anything. The town was quaint and the people were nice.

· Vigo: The ship was docked right in town, no bus ride needed. Today is Sunday so most everything was closed, but we still managed to find a cool outside bar for a wine and beer pick-me-up.

· Porto: Free shuttle to the end of the pier, because no walking was allowed on this working pier. Lots of decently priced excursions: We did "EP15 Oporto City and River Cruise," and did some wine tasting, which was very enjoyable.

THE SHIP

Bathroom: The blow dryer in the bathroom got so hot holding it, I had to dry my hair in shifts.

Smokers beware! Constellation is a NON-smoking ship. No smoking in the casino, nor on your own balcony. There are a very few small sections on the ship designated for smoking.

Wi-Fi: Hubby says Constellation's Wi-Fi service is not up to par. Had to wait two days to download an email.

Food: Quite good. I had osso bucco one night in the MDR and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Had the buffet for breakfast every morning. I think they need to arrange it better, getting everything together and eating it HOT was very difficult. Coffee area also needs better a layout. We never ate lunch on the ship because we were too busy eating and drinking in bars while we were out and about. We also tried the Tuscan Grill, where both food and service were excellent.

Casino: Here the facilities show some age. The machines pay in quarters--when is the last time you saw that? But that did not keep me away. I was a regular customer. I heard they are refurbishing it next month.

Entertainment: Excellent! We thoroughly enjoyed the Broadway shows, magician, juggler and the cruise director herself doing a one-woman show. She was great. I cannot forget the funniest piano player/singer and comedian Perry Grant. A must see...

All in all, we had a great time. The only real frustration was that several of the ports of call required such long bus rides into towns of note.

More British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews