Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by christianm: Carnival Destiny Labor Day Cruise

christianm
Member Since 2012

Carnival Destiny Labor Day Cruise

Sail Date: September 2012

My cruise on the Carnival Destiny was my fourth cruise. Three of the four cruises that I have taken have been on Carnival Ships. I cruised on Labor Day because my daughter got married on the ship before it left the port. We had to arrive at the port early and board at 10:30 a.m. because of the wedding ceremony. Getting on board of the ship went smoothly. If you are carrying water or soda onboard, make sure you keep the bottles in the original package or they will check each bottle. We did not get our room because it wasn't ready; only the bride and groom's room was ready. Everyone attending the ceremony has to be dressed with the exception of the bride. The ceremony was held about 1:15 and anyone that wasn't cruising had to leave the ship at 3:00. Everything was amazing with the wedding, decorations and reception.

The food was terrible as usual. The food was not too bad at the early seating for dinner each night. They passed out burnt bacon each morning with tons More of grease! On NCL you serve yourself breakfast meat. They made omlettes with whole pieces of burnt bacon. Most of the bacon was broken up into little pieces and you might get one full strip and that was in the omlette. I didn't try the pizza but it looked like something you might find at a gas station sitting under the light all day.

The tender service stinks. You have to get a number then go to the auditorium and sit until they call your number. The tenders were ragedy. My son-in-law asked the man where to place his tender sticker and the man told him "I could tell you where to place it but I would lose my job." I did complete a survey and reported the worker. Luckily my son-in-law held his cool but he was pretty upset. The weather is extremely hot in September! I have cruised in July and December and the weather was cooler than September.

I will be cruising on the Carnival Liberty in April 2013 and hoping for cooler weather. I am hoping the Liberty will be a much nicer ship since the 2.0 Fun Ship transformation.

NCL is much cleaner and the service is much better. The people on NCL seem to enjoy their jobs. You pay for what you get. When I was getting off the ship at one port the worker snatched my ID card and was rude to a lot of customers. He made one resident alien pull out her green card, ID and information and held up the line. The staff in the buffet area was not friendly and plates were left on the tables. People were on the ship talking about the poor service and how the workers didn't seem to enjoy their job. The buffet lines were always long and there was not a large variety of food. The Carnival Destiny will be transformed and called the Sunshine soon. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Destiny Interior Empress 7102

My room was an interior room with an obstructed view. We were able to feel the ship parking when we reached a port. There was a little movement for about an hour when you get close to port. It was a wake up call. The observation deck was around the corner which was nice and not crowded or noisy. I did book an obstructed view room for my next cruise in April on Carnival Liberty. The front area seemed to be quiet and less traffic but a long walk to everything.

Grand Turk is a beautiful island. I shopped around in the port and hung out at Margaretaville. It was too hot to do much of anything. They have a pool across from Margaretaville.

There is nothing to do in Half Moon Cay but the beach. I didn't take any shore excursions.

I took a taxi to the casino at the Atlantis and it was nice.
Read 2666 Nassau Reviews