Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Ciyra: One hell of a party!

Ciyra
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Mexican Riviera Cruises

One hell of a party!

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I am not normally the type of person to stuff myself into an inside stateroom, much less with three other women, but we got a the crazy idea to go on this cruise a few months ago and I'm glad we did.

First let me say that squeezing four late twenty something ladies into a stateroom was not so bad. I guess I had prepared myself for a much tighter fit, so I was pleasantly surprised when we managed to have enough room to actually move around. We did have to ask the stateroom steward to pull out the roll away bed bits so we could stuff our suit cases under the bed and it was quite the task to leap up into the upper bunks while slightly (or maybe more than slightly) inebriated, but overall I'd probably do it again. I think my max would be 5 days and that might be pushing it.

I was bummed that our stateroom steward never once introduced himself. He and his assistant actually never spoke to us. We communicated exclusively by post-it. I take that back, one morning the other More girls went to get a massage and I stayed in bed, only to be awoken by the room steward making the other beds. He apologized and backed out of the room looking embarrassed. It seems someone stole the "snoozin" sign off of our door. Also, on the final night, they never brought us the blue tags you put on your bags. We didn't mind so much since we carry our own bags off the ship, but we did feel a bit abandoned. We never did find the room service menu, I'm not sure they ever put one into the room.

Food was so-so, but desert was craptacular... seriously bleh. Our waiter, Lloyd, and assistant waiter (whose name I could never remember) were fabulous. We also had a great bar waiter named Fitzroy who gave me quite a few extra drinks when I'd run into him on the ship. I never did have to pay for a soda with dinner. We ate in the MDR every night since we had a good time with our table mates.

The highlight of the cruise was that a good 1/3 of the ship was in costume on Saturday and Sunday night (cruise was the weekend before Halloween). We had a great time. People were taking pictures with everyone else. It was like one big fabulous Halloween party. I did feel bad for the families (not that there were many of them) on board since some of the ladies were not what one could describe as modest... I'm no prude but some of them made me embarrassed by how much of them I could see.

It was a damn good time. I'd do it again, but I'm going to need several weeks to recover. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration Interior Main R67

We did not book an excursion. We came off of the ship and there was a tour company offering $2 bus rides into down town. We jumped on board and while we're taking the 5 minute drive into town they tell us about their $20 tour to "the blowhole" and give us a $5 off coupon. So we decide to do that. For $15 each we get on a bus with a really nice English speaking guide and 15 other people. We take the 30 minute drive to the Blowhole all the while the guide is pointing out things of interest and telling us about the area. We got off the bus and she leads us through the market area, stopping to show us the restaurant that will give us a free margarita for coming on the tour and the signs to look for to make sure you're buying real silver, etc. We get to the blow hole, which is not all that exciting, and she gives us all little stickers and sets us loose in the market area telling us to meet her back at the bus in an hour and 15 minutes. We wander the shops where people are fairly aggressive, but fairly easy to ignore. Bargaining gets kind of fun and we end up buying most things for 1/2 of the 1st price they gave us. We learned that when you walk away, if they follow you, it means the price will go lower, if they don't then that was their true minimum. After that we get back on the bus where they will take you back to the ship or back to downtown. We opt to go back to downtown where we have lunch in a restaurant with chickens cooking in the window (not that great) and then have drinks at Papas & Beer. Crazy times to be had. We mostly observed. Sometimes it was disturbing how they manhandled the drunk girls, but even the drunk girls seemed to enjoy it. We were super annoyed by the people were constantly asking you to buy things, even really little children, but this seems to be normal. After that we had the same tour company drive us back to the boat for $1 each.
Read 251 Ensenada Reviews