Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Ciyra

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 4B
Cabin Number: R67
See More About: Carnival Inspiration Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

One hell of a party!
I am not normally the type of person to stuff myself into an inside stateroom, much less with three other women, but we got a the crazy idea to go on this cruise a few months ago and I'm glad we did.

First let me say that squeezing four late twenty something ladies into a stateroom was not so bad. I guess I had prepared myself for a much tighter fit, so I was pleasantly surprised when we managed to have enough room to actually move around. We did have to ask the stateroom steward to pull out the roll away bed bits so we could stuff our suit cases under the bed and it was quite the task to leap up into the upper bunks while slightly (or maybe more than slightly) inebriated, but overall I'd probably do it again. I think my max would be 5 days and that might be pushing it.

I was bummed that our stateroom steward never once introduced himself. He and his assistant actually never spoke to us. We communicated exclusively by post-it. I take that back, one morning the other girls went to get a massage and I stayed in bed, only to be awoken by the room steward making the other beds. He apologized and backed out of the room looking embarrassed. It seems someone stole the "snoozin" sign off of our door. Also, on the final night, they never brought us the blue tags you put on your bags. We didn't mind so much since we carry our own bags off the ship, but we did feel a bit abandoned. We never did find the room service menu, I'm not sure they ever put one into the room.

Food was so-so, but desert was craptacular... seriously bleh. Our waiter, Lloyd, and assistant waiter (whose name I could never remember) were fabulous. We also had a great bar waiter named Fitzroy who gave me quite a few extra drinks when I'd run into him on the ship. I never did have to pay for a soda with dinner. We ate in the MDR every night since we had a good time with our table mates.

The highlight of the cruise was that a good 1/3 of the ship was in costume on Saturday and Sunday night (cruise was the weekend before Halloween). We had a great time. People were taking pictures with everyone else. It was like one big fabulous Halloween party. I did feel bad for the families (not that there were many of them) on board since some of the ladies were not what one could describe as modest... I'm no prude but some of them made me embarrassed by how much of them I could see.

It was a damn good time. I'd do it again, but I'm going to need several weeks to recover.

Publication Date: 11/02/12