Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by StacieWebster: Exceeded Expectations

Exceeded Expectations

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I have to say that I have taken 2 other cruises in my life and after the second one, I swore I would never get on another boat. When my friends were talking about taking a girls cruise to celebrate a birthday, I said oh I wanna go. And well that's how I wound up on Bahamas Celebration. I can honestly say that this was the BEST cruise I have taken. Upon check in we went and asked about an upgrade so that we could either be all in one room, or closer to each other. The woman who helped us was so friendly and knowledgeable, we were able to upgrade to a suite with an ocean view for $25.00 per person. The room was nice and roomy enough for 4 woman. We had a queen bed and two roll aways. The room a/c worked great and the beds were comfortable.
Getting onto the boat was very easy, we made our way through the lines, picked our dinner reservation times and boarded the ship. The staff was very friendly upon boarding and directed us to Deck 9 for the lunch buffet. All around I enjoyed all More the food and the restaurants that we ate at. Rio for the breakfast buffet was amazing and I will forever remember our singing waiter.

The night time activities were great. I enjoyed the karaoke, and shows. The comedians were amazing as were all the entertainers. I did go to the casino for a short time, but I am not much of a casino person, so I played a few slots, lost a couple bucks and went back to the shows.

I have cruised on Carnival and Royal Carribean and neither of these ships had a staff that was as friendly and outgoing as the staff on Bahamas Celebration. The Staff always went out of their way not only to help and serve you but to remember you and your name. Its amazing how after only 2 days, the staff remember who I was.

We chose to ride into Freeport and spend the day at the beach without doing any excursions as we just wanted to relax. Taxis were $10 per person round trip. On our way back to the ship we were in the taxi with some other woman who were on the other ship that was ported (a well known cruise line)and they were complaining about the smell, service and all around dislike of the ship they were on. We were so happy to tell them, that bigger just doesn't mean better.

I would take another cruise on this cruise line in a minute. In fact, upon returning home I spoke with my husband and our boys, and we are talking about taking a vacation on this Bahamas Celebration and spending the two days on the the island.

I think my only complaint would be the debarking procedures. While it wasn't bad, I did feel that they could have moved the lines along a little better. Maybe having separate lines for those that didn't stay two nights on the island.

But all in all I want to Thank you Bahamas Celebration for finally giving me the cruising experience that everyone raves about. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 7208

Suite was clean and roomy. A/C worked great. Bathroom was roomy, didn't feel cramped while taking a shower Ocean-view windows were great for the morning sunrise