MSC Musica Cruise Review by bonbon33: Destination best thing about the cruise
Member Since 2012
Compare Prices on MSC Musica Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises
Destination best thing about the cruise
Just returned from a good break around the Adriatic sea, destination was key to the happiness of our holiday not MSC. To summarise:-
1. Very clean ship in all areas
2. Room excellent, lovely balcony, and room cleaned 2 daily by lovely maid
3. Good choice of drinks in all bars, nice smoothie bar and ice-cream bar
4. Nice chilled entertainment in Blue Velvet bar
5. Shows were also good
1. Extremely rude staff on reception & pool bar areas
2. Too many nationalities, meant everything was had to be repeated in 10 different languages, it became a bit tiresome after a day or so
3. Not enough tables in buffet restuarant, far too hectic
4. Food ok, good choice but no flavour, everything tasted the same!
5. Bar service appalling, no one wanted to serve you
6. Organisation not good, especially disembarkment
Other points to note:-
a) Be aware they charge 7 euro per person per day for tips, More this gets added to your bill daily - we had it removed becuase we felt the service was not acceptable, this took 3 very fustrating converstaions with reception before it was acknowledged
b) We didn't do organised trips, we did our own thing, and so glad we did. Most ports we paid 1 euro for public transfer to town instead of 8 euro each for MSC shuttle bus, we'd rather give money to locals than MSC!
c)We upgraded to All inclusive package for 161 euro each for the week, good choice of drinks if you like cocktails and spirits, not so good if you like wine though. Cocktails cost 6.50 euro, beer 4 euro, water 1.5 euro, tea and coffee around 2 euro each, milkshakes and smoothies 3.90 euro
d) On Disembarkment day you have to vacate room by 7am!!
e) First dinner seating usually 6pm, we only made our seating once on formal night when they started at 7pm
All in all the cruise was fine, but wouldn't use MSC again, there are better cruiselines to choose from. And our awful experience on disembarkment (I won't go into as hopefully you won't experience it) was the final straw for our decision not to use MSC EVER again.
Please feel free to email any questions I may be able to help with. Less
Read more MSC Musica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Musica Review >>
Cabin review: MSC Musica Superior Balcony Minuetto Deck
Pleasant summer farewell
Celebrity - wow, Canyon Ranch ...
From the 10 cruises we have do...
Our third time with MSC and no...