Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Pisgah

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Short review of 10/20 10/27 Liberty Cruise
Embarkation --We used FTTF and it was great. They gave us zone one and we boarded right after VIP/platinum/diamond. We arrived at the terminal at 10:45 and were onboard by 11:30. We went straight to our cabin and dropped off our carry on. The cabin was ready and the luggage was delivered 5 minutes after we enter the room. I give FTTF and Embarkation an A+.

Food -- Two words, fantastic and great. The Main Dining room meals were great. My only negative comment would be about my prime rib being medium instead of medium rare on the first elegant night. I tried it again on the second elegant night and it was perfect.

The Guy's hamburgers were to die for. There was never a line and the fries were good also. I tried the Fish and Chips one time. They were ok. I have had better. The burrito/taco bar was good but watch out for the sauce. A couple of them were really hot. My wife loved the deli. We used the buffet a couple of times for salad only. The lines were not bad. The only long line was the Mongolian wok. My wife stood for about 15 minutes two different times. She said it was worth it.

We went to the Main dining room for breakfast twice and had omelets or fried eggs on the buffet the other days. I had no problem with the bacon, it was crisp and they gave you all you wanted. In my opinion, the food was better that other reviews had stated.

I give the food an A.

Service --Couldn't have asked for better service. The room stewards, dining room staff, and bar staff was great. Our air went out and they moved us to a room until it got fixed.

My wife is gluten free and they treated her like a queen. They planned her meals each night in advance and made her special gluten free dishes.

I give the service an A+.

Ports -We went to Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. The swells from the backside of Hurricane Sandy prevented us from going to Grand Cayman.

Entertainment -- We went to the two shows and they were good. My wife said the dancers were not a good as she had seen on previous cruises. Although the two main singers were better that we had seen on previous cruises.

The piano bar was wonderful. John was the best we have seen. He was leaving for a vacation when we got back to Miami. I don't know where he goes next but he was really good. The bands and other entertainers were very good. We enjoyed the music. I give the entertainment an A+

Final comments --It was a great cruise. My wife said it was the best of our eight cruises. The ship was clean and beautiful. The 2.0 upgrades are wonderful. We loved the serenity deck. I would recommend this cruise to anyone. FINAL GRADE -- AAAAAAAA+++++++

Publication Date: 11/01/12