Carnival Magic Cruise Review by scarlabrown@gmail.com

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Magic Cruise Review by scarlabrown@gmail.com
Carnival Magic
Carnival Magic
Member Name: scarlabrown@gmail.com
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8M
See More About: Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Rates 5+

TRIED TO COVER EVERYTHING FROM A-Z
Hello my name is Carla my husband Ken and I live in Oklahoma. The cruise we just stepped off of was Carnival's 7 day . We flew into Galveston on Saturday and was picked up by friends. We chose to stay Saturday night at the LaQunita Inn on South Seawall. Alot of people made this same choose, if you stay one night before or after a cruise you can park your car there for free. They will drop you off and pick you back up after the cruise. ( besure to get the drivers name, when he drops you off). We always cruise Carnival and this time we had a few problems, but nothin that will keep us away. We have a Carnival charge card and choose to cash in our points for drink coupons there was a bit of confusion where and when we were to get the coupons. FYI::: regarding the purchase of drink coupons. IF YOU GAMBLE IN THE CASINO AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MONEY IS SPENT DRINKS ARE FREE. This would have been nice to no in advance as we wouldnt have purchased so many drink coupons. None the less after visiting the front desk we were told to bring our remaining coupons back and they would let us use them.

SHORE EXCURSIONS::::Our first port was keywest, we choose the PUB CRAWL as our shore excursion. It was a 9... Great shore excursion a great way to get free drinks, tshirt and learn all about the island. Our second port was Freeport, my mistake was as a group we desided not to do any excursions and that wasnt such a good idea. People say oh just go off on your own.. My question is WHERE??? hello I am not from here and dont no what to see and do. Spend a few dollars and atleast learn about the island. After all you are visiting and dont have long. Our 3rd stop was Nassau, I did a little research and found a great excursion an all inclusive. All eats and alcohol were included. Very fun day!! big hit with our group... One other thing I would like to mention, hubby and I did the couples massage. It was expensive but a great massage. However the spa is just below the basketball court. LMAO not very relaxing when you are listing to 60 minutes of bouncing balls. LOL.

Food:::: Food was best in the dining room buffets were maybe a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10. Mexican buffet food was very cold. But as always hamburgers and fries were great. And for those ice cream lovers. you can't go wrong... They keep you in ice cream and always coming back for more.

Entertainment: Casino is 10 hello we are gamblers. The illusionist and adult comedy shows were also great. We dont care much for the broadway type shows as alot of people would say.... It's hard to please everyone regarding MUSIC TYPE...

CABIN CHOICE: We always like empress deck for several reasons. It's where the suites are so the best cabin stewards are assigned to this deck. So even if you have no suite you get star treatment. We always pick cabins on the back of the ship just before the wrap around balconies. CHECK CABIN 7455.. This type cabin can be found on deck 6 also because its the last cabin on the side they have balconies MUCH LARGER than others. Balcony size is 75 feet compaired to the normal 35 feet. Room is shaped a bit different but larger balcony for us IS A BIG PLUS. You can also find a youtube video I posted about this particular cabin. 7455 on Carnival's Magic..

One of the things we miss MOST: is guest involvement with games and activities. There seems to be less and less of that on each and every cruise we take.

We enjoy Carnival and already have another cruise booked. Hope our review helps someone if you have any questions we will be happy to answer any questions just send me a message...........

HAPPY SAILING......... THERE IS NOTHING BETTER.............SEE U AT SEA!!!!!

Publication Date: 10/31/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by scarlabrown@gmail.com
More Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews