Carnival Glory Cruise Review by StevieG72: Expectations not met, last time on Glory

StevieG72
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Bahamas Cruises

Expectations not met, last time on Glory

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Norfolk

This is my second cruise on the Carnival Glory. This ship sails out of Norfolk Va. twice a year so it is convenient to not have to worry about a flight to get to a cruise.
I chose Glory again because it was visiting a different port in the Bahamas. I had high expectations for this cruise but was disappointed.
Embarkation was long and stressful, they claimed problems with their computers slowed the process. The Norfolk port setup is partially to blame for this as there is some confusion as to whether people should wait in line with everyone else and use the elevator or cut in line and use the stairs.
Room cleanliness was just ok, bathroom showed its age and had some cleanliness issues. I chose a room 9202 on the front of the ship since there are doors adjacent to the rooms that go out to a balcony on the front of the ship typically only used by a handful of passengers. For some reason the doors were locked prohibiting access on this floor only. Room steward was not as More friendly or helpful as I expected.
Food was the major disappointment on this cruise. Roast beef was passed off as filet mignon, prime rib was served over cooked. Breakfast in the main dining room was good, however we stayed up late and slept in most days and the breakfast buffet was average at best. One day they had french toast and eggs benedict on the buffet that were good. The next day they did not have either. My GF did love the 24 hour ice cream machine! I enjoyed it too, the mix is not watery as I expected.
The entertainment schedule was almost identical as my previous cruise. The comedy show was horrible the comedian appeared to be drunk and was more vulgar than humorous. It was also a very short show. The activities on the Lido deck were identical, hairy chest contest, gender challenge, mixologist, etc.
The new cruise director is hilarious though, much improved over previous guy.
In conclusion, this cruise was not as enjoyable as my first cruise partially because I have been here and done that on the Glory and much of it was the same.
However, the food and service was not as good as my first cruise on the Glory. Maybe they will ge it together after the ship gets renovated this Nov 2012. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>