Explorer of the Seas 5

Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

Allie02
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

After taking a Carnival cruise last year and being completely disappointed I was pleasantly surprised by Royal Caribbean's Explorer of The Seas. The cabins need a little updating...starting to have a "worn" look.The public ares must have been updated not too long ago, they seem very nice.

Food very good. Service excellent. Entertainment was very good also. Smoking wasn't even a big issue( it was on Carnival). We prefer smaller ships, but if we had to cruise on a mid-sized ship I would cruise with Royal Caribbean again. My biggest complaint was where we docked in Bermuda. I understand that all cruise ships that go to Bermuda now dock at the Dockyard, and I understand why. With the cruise ships getting bigger and bigger they can no longer "fit" into St. Georges or Hamilton. Yet Bermuda just isn't the same experience when you're at The Dockyard..you're so far away from everything. Don't believe for a minute when they tell you that the buses and ferries are convenient and that More with a transportation pass you can go anywhere. Not true...well not exactly.

The transportation pass is wonderful during the day, but if you want to go somewhere in the evening, the buses and ferries don't run quite as frequently. We took a cab to Elbow Beach for a glass of wine one evening...and a cab back (to The Dockyard). Now Elbow Beach is a very magical place, but $108 for two glasses of wine..hmmmmmmm. That was the cost for two glasses of wine and cab fare back and forth. My complaint is not with the cruise line...but maybe it is. PLEASE MAKE SMALLER SHIPS THAT CAN VISIT PORTS THAT ARE REALLY SPECIAL!!!! Less

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

E18664
Room 8664....quiet, nice room. Needs updating. Getting a little "shabby".

Published 10/30/12

Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to Bermuda

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?