Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by WMQueenie

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: WMQueenie
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8E
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Great week
We are a married couple, 56 & 61 years old...traveled with our 32 year old son, his wife, and her parents (mid-60's) on an 8 day Miracle cruise from NYC to the Bahamas.

We traveled to NYC in 2 separate cars from Western Mass and both of us programmed our GPS the same way - with the street address of the port of NY but we both made a huge mistake! Programmed in - 711 12th Avenue New York, New York - Both of our GPS sent us to 711 12th Avenue in Brooklyn! I kept saying, this is wrong because we have driven to the port twice before from directions someone on CC gave me several years ago...I should of known better! We lost at least an hour and a half to 2 hours driving around Brooklyn! Learned a valuable lesson on how not to program the GPS...

Arrived at the terminal around 12:15, parked in the garage - $280 each car!- wheeled the luggage downstairs, handed them off to the porter, checked in and were on board within a half hour. I think the parking rate is high but worth the convenience. I had 2 oversize bottles of wine in my carry-on, no one even looked at them...

Got to our cabin at 1:30 when they announced they were ready. Ours - cabin 8241 - was not. The other 2 were, one right down the hall from us and the kids on deck 4. We went back up to the Lido deck and walked around for about a half hour. Came back and it was ready. Sort of...no blue pool towels, the mini-bar/fridge was locked, the bathroom glass shelves were dirty, smudges on the mirrors and the glass doors to the balcony was not the cleanest. No biggy, after all it is just the start of our vacation, not get let the little things get to me! I grabbed a washcloth and wiped down the shelves...left a note for our cabin steward asking him to unlock and empty the mini-bar (we had our own "stuff"), please leave us 2 blue towels, get us an ice bucket (not in the cabin) & please keep our little cooler filled with ice every day. When we came back later that night we had plenty of ice and the mini-bar was empty, just no towels. Didn't get them for 2 more days...

We had the late seating for dinner. On the first night our table for 6 was surrounded by 2 large groups of 3 tables for each group. They were very loud and having a great time which I wouldn't begrudge them, but we couldn't hear each other at all during dinner. After dinner we asked if our table could be changed and it was the next day to a nice quiet spot all the way in the back with an awesome head waiter - Daniel. Dinners were good, nothing exceptional. One night I didn't care for the short ribs and Daniel immediately got me another meal. Service was excellent although at times, felt rushed. We ate in the dining room 5 nights, 3 nights at the buffet. The prime rib served at the buffet was excellent, actually the best meal of the week! We enjoyed the brunch a few mornings...it's nice to sleep late and still have a nice breakfast (served until 1:30!). Breakfast on the Lido deck was the same thing everyday, but it's breakfast! How much can you change? We never had a problem getting a seat although at peak times you might have to search for a minute or two. Loved the deli (open till 11PM) and the pizza (open 24 hours). Burgers & hot dogs out by the pool are served fresh off the grill and were very good as were the chicken nuggets.

Entertainment was good, nothing really stood out. We saw every show in the Phantom theater except the last night. The Beatles tribute - A Ticket to Ride - was the best show of the week. The good old "Love & Marriage" show is always entertaining no matter how manner times you've seen it. We never made it to the comedy shows. I think Norwegian has far better shows, but that's just my opinion.

The cruise director was Cory Rogers...nice guy, entertaining...went to his Q&A about life on board and learned a lot of interesting stuff. He is only 25 years old!! I was impressed with him being so young with such a big job!

We had very rough seas on the way down thanks to Hurricane Raphael being 300 miles away from us. We really had great weather for most of the trip, especially when at the ports. Sunny, hot and humid...what more could you ask for!?

Publication Date: 10/31/12