Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by bontempi1: WOW !!!

bontempi1
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

WOW !!!

Sail Date: October 2012

Just returned from a 7 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Allure. First ever cruise for my wife and myself, and was a bit doubtful if I would like it or not, but was persuaded by 3 votes to 1 !! Went in a party of four, the others had been on several cruises with various companies, and suggested that RCI was the best. What a fantastic holiday !! Huge, wonderful ship. ALL staff beyond any criticism, treated like royalty. Even though there were over 5,000 guests we hardly noticed it. Plenty of activities for all ages. Food available for all tastes. Tried Giovani's and 150 restaurants - absolutely superb. Other than that we used the regular "My Time" dining in the main restaurant - the quality of the food and the service here really is perfect. If you're not happy with this, I really can't see you being satisfied anywhere.
There really is absolutely nothing to dislike about the Allure Of The Seas. What a fantastic cruise. The only one downside about the entire More cruise was the dress code (or rather the lack of dress code) by an awful lot of the guests. I appreciate that everyone is on holiday and wants to relax, but really, to turn up for evening meal dressed in shorts, tee shirts and flip-flops says a lot about the person. Some were turning up like that on the Formal nights aswell !! Unbelievable !! It's not difficult to have a quick shower and just put on a pair of trousers and a shirt is it !! RCI say that they don't let guests dine in the main restaurants looking like they've just climbed out of a refuse skip.....unfortunately they do !! Bottom line is this.....if it's your first cruise, or just haven't been on the Allure, try this ship. We are hooked and are already making plans for 14 nights next year. Getting off the ship was a bit frustrating - the U.S. customs had several officers for U.S. citizens but only one on duty for non U.S. citizens. Not good guys !!! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 8154

Cabin was a lot better than I was expecting. Balcony overlooking the sea, with a partition between us and the next cabin that was removed on our request as our friends were next door, giving us a double sized balcony. Room was of more than adequate size, comfortable, well equipped and clean. Washroom was small-ish but was fine and had wash basin, toilet and a very good shower. Even though we went to bed quite early, not once were we disturbed by outside noise. Perfect.