Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by vtx1300s: Destiny works for me

vtx1300s
Member Since 2012

Destiny works for me

Sail Date: October 2012

Went on a four day cruise scheduled stops in Key West and Cozumel. Missed stopping at Key West due to a certain hurricane named Sandy.

Prior to departure, I read a bunch of reviews here and quite frankly I was apprehensive about the whole thing, as most of the recent reviews here were more negative than positive. Well fear not, this cruise was simply fantastic.

Boarding was a breeze, the room was fine for what it was. A bed, a couch, decent closet and drawer space, a small but complete bathroom and a nice balcony. The room was clean clean clean and was re-cleaned throughout the day. Room steward was great and friendly and never to be seen unless he was needed. And needed he was as I locked myself out several times. The door shuts fast.

The ship overall was spotless and I never smelled a smell I found offensive. There were workers constantly cleaning.

The food overall was good. Plenty of choices for all tastes. While nothing was of gourmet More quality, the food was very good overall. My only complaint would have to be lack of free beverage choices. While it is stated the juice was included, the only time I could find juice was in the morning or through room service. The ice tea was pre-made as was the lemonade.There were tons of activities if one was so inclined. The shows were good, again having to cater to the general tastes of 2,800 people is never easy.

Overall, I found not one thing worth complaining about aboard the Destiny. If one keeps their spending habits in check, it is a good value for the money spent.

My one complaint would be the Lido Deck outside sound system was a bit too loud at times. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Destiny Balcony Upper

I had a cabin with a balcony. I certainly appreciated having the balcony and the large window view. The actual cabin is the same size as others and I found the size to be fine with plenty of drawer and closet space. It was what I expected.

Motorcycle Tour

Spectacular. If one is a motorcyclist this is certainly one tour worth taking. While the price point is too high, in my opinion, it is still a great time. The guides, Carlos and Sergio, go out of their way to make sure you are safe along the way. Blocking cars from passing to maintaining a healthy speed limit. The places we went were very nice and very local. As other reviews have stated, the normal tourist won't see some of these spots.