Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by floridagirl8: Carnival Destiny Smokers paradise

floridagirl8
Member Since 2012

Entertainment Not Rated

Carnival Destiny Smokers paradise

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean

From beginning to end, this vacation was destined for disaster. The room was filthy, even after the second time they so called "cleaned it". Rug had not been vaccumed then cleaned, sheets were stained and hairy. Disgusting. Not to mention, unsafe equipment leading to injury.

The food was nothing special (and took forever in the dining room), except for pizza and deli sandwiches which were actually very tasty up on the Lido deck. The last night we didn't get our food until after they performed the "good bye finale", in which we were some of the last people in the dining room. On our final morning, I located some breakfast on the Lido deck. I waited in line, but when it was my turn, they were closing it down! It happened three times!

Cocktails were very good in the main lobby by Albert (only 1 bartender) while we watched the football game, until they lost the signal and we waited for 15 min waiting for someone to show up to fix it!

If you don't smoke, I More don't suggest this cruise. We love to gamble and this cruise actually kept us out of the casino for most of the time. The ventilation system is non existent. They have slot machines with signs on them designating that smoking is allowed; and that's in most of the casino. We couldn't even go to the crap table because of all the smoke! As soon as you walked into the casino, you were greeted by the smokers at the bar and this continued throughout the casino! This continued on the Lido deck, bars, and other areas on the ship. Prepare yourself for a big dry cleaning bill to have the smoke removed from your clothes!

I really can't comment on the shows because my sinuses and eyes were so sore from the smoke, I opted for Advil and a private balcony.

We played a few trivia games and other onboard games which were fun, but the Love and Marriage Game run by the cruise director turned out to be the best.

We cruise quite frequently and try to make the best of every one, but this was by far the worst. I have been told this ship is going into dry dock for improvements, but unless some of the crew are going in with it, skip this one. It's really not worth your time and/or money. Carnival needs to step up if they want to continue to be counted as a cruise worthy company. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>