“Anniversary Cruise to Bermuda-kinda long review”
Cruise review of Norwegian Star

Parrish64 Norwegian Star 5 Anniversary Cruise to Bermuda-kinda long review
Parrish64
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We've been on several cruises and Norwegian really impressed us. First getting on the ship was fast and easy. We had a penthouse suite so that gave us VIP service (I totally recommend this) Our cabin was really nice, the balcony was okay but not what I would call extended, it was longer than wider (for example, 2 loungers long and 1 1/2 lounger wide)and partially covered. Our penthouse suite came with a butler and concierge service. Our butler Arie was great but we didn't use him or the concierge service much. Every afternoon Arie did bring us snacks such as finger foods, sandwiches and canapes, plus he kept us supplied with fruit. The room does has a great coffee maker, amenities are pretty much to normal shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and they have a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin for departure. The ship was great, clean and the staff was very friendly. Dining was different than what I was used to but the free style dining allowed you to eat when you wanted. If you don't make reservations for dining rooms ahead of time, you may wait up to 20 minutes. I recommend the Aqua dining room, ask to sit in Charles's section, he was the best waiter I've ever had. There were plenty of activities going on at all times, we had a hard time getting everything in that we wanted to do. I highly recommend the Burlesque show it was one of the best shows I've seen on a Cruise.Bermuda is a beautiful island but expensive. St. George is a must see, it has an old time feeling to it. We took the bus back from St. George and I would recommend that too. You see so much of the island and you can stop off anywhere you want plus if you get lucky (like we did) you'll get a bus driver who loves to tell you all about the island. It was easy to spend a full day at where we docked. There is shopping (the rum cakes are worth the money) snorkeling at Snorkel beach, visiting dolphin quest and drinking at several of the local bars. They do charge for everything and I mean everything including lounge chairs. We did has some ruff weather, 15ft swells that kept people in their cabins, but it didn't bother me even with having a aft-facing cabin. I also recommend visiting the Red Lion Pub and catching Kenny, the human jukebox, he was fantastic. We had a wonderful cruise with Norwegian and the Star is a great ship.
Norwegian Star Cruises to Bermuda
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony

Visit Snorkel beach, the Rum cake factory, Clock tower mall, and Dolphin Quest. These are a must, but don't forget to go to St. George, it's very colonial and has some beautiful beaches there.
Published 10/31/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Star Review
Norwegian Star Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?