Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by jacoandre: Jewel of the Seas Rocked!

jacoandre
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Jewel of the Seas Canada & New England Cruises

Jewel of the Seas Rocked!

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Boston

This was the first cruise I had taken since I was a child so for all intents and purposes I did not know what to expect. Wow! I can't think of one negative thing about our 7 day cruise. The ship was extremely clean and beautiful. Dennis the cruise director did a great job, as well as Becky senior, the activities director. Staff from the bartenders to the waiters to the room attendants was outstanding. Everyone smiled and went out of their way to make you feel special.

We had dinner one evening in Portofinos - loved it! Dinner every evening in Tides was delicious with plenty of choices. We bought a wine package, which if you are a wine drinker, I would highly recommend. We only had breakfast once in the dining room. We chose to go to the Windjammer as it was quicker and had everything you could want on their buffets.

Didn't see a bad show, but we did not see them all. The comedian was so funny, the Platters were entertaining. 70s night was alot of fun. More We did go to several of the trivia games in the different bars and had a blast. The gym had great equipment. My husband tried the acupuncture (3 sessions) and was not impressed. Didn't help him in any way. Might help you though.

We had a balcony room. It was spacious with plenty of storage space. We weren't sure we would use our balcony, but we did. We got lucky with the weather!

We only did two excursions and enjoyed them both. I would recommend doing an excursion as oppose to renting a car. We did that in Halifax. We drove all over but didn't really know what we were seeing. Wish we had taken a tour instead.

If all of Royal Carribean's ships and cruises are like this one, I can't imagine traveling on any other cruise line. It was the best and I am looking forward to trying another ship of theirs in the near future. Less

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>