Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by KLD8481

Member Name: KLD8481
Cruise Date: October 2012
Cabin Category: 4D

Liberty Stinks!!!
This was without a doubt the worst crusie I have ever taken. Anyone reading this should book a different boat or better yet a different cruise line. If I thought before that Carnival cares NOTHING about their customers this trip was confirmation.

Our room was hot as hell!! I asked for the temp to be lowered three times. I was told that the room temp was in the "acceptable" range. Acceptable to who? I'm the customer and I don't like to be sweaty when I sleep. They finally gave me a fan. Yeah, Great.

The dining staff never did give me iced tea which I requested every day. In addition, they gave me the wrong meal repeatedly. I sat on the end and never got sour cream for my potato. Me and my MOTHER were seated at a table of couples. FYI: just because I take an annual cruise with my mom doesn't make us a gay couple. Also - maybe I don't want to sit at a table with senior citizens. Why don't you ask me my preference! In additon, the waiter kept calling me "her Highness". I'm not sure when I got the job promotion but if that is how he normally treats royalty then off with his head.

I got overcharges by @40.00 by the room steward for the mini bar. I also got charged twice for the internet package.

To top things off we were unable to get off the ship at Grand Cayman. I have been there six times and this was probably the best weather I have seen there. A bright sunny day and we were told the tenders were unsafe. We were not given any reimbursement either. I booked four ports, I expect to go to four ports. Carnival should have offered something to make up for this. I spoke with a management person at guest services and was told that they have no legal obligation. What about an obligation to provide the services that were paid for? This ruinied my trip.

In short, this is a small boat and getting around it is miserable. There was a long line for everything and the boat was designed poorly. I would never go on this boat again.

FYI: I am a "platinum" cruiser with Carnival. It doesn't matter to them. They don't care how you feel so you might as well not fill those comment cards out.

Publication Date: 10/31/12