Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by avid-cruiser: Horrible Guest Services, dining and room service experiences

avid-cruiser
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 1.7

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Bahamas Cruises

Horrible Guest Services, dining and room service experiences

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I was on the norwegian jewel this month & encountered the rudest reception from guest svcs, tsar dining room servers & room svc personnel.

On numerous occasions the room service personell didn't even pick up the phone despite several attempts. They took 45 minutes even to deliver a pitcher of water.

There was constant noise in the staterooms due to electrical issues with the air conditioning or plumbing - I never found out which.

The servers in the Tsar palace dining area were extremely rude, unfriendly and made us feel totally uncomfortable.

the food was horrible, dining hours were terrible as well.

Worst was the reception personnel - Extremely rude over the phone and also if you went to talk in person.

I think they discriminate heavily between people from different nationalities - I witnessed it with my own eyes as to how two different people who had the same question were dealt with completely differently by the guest services More person. It is truly sad to see this even in this day and age.

I would strongly recommend against this ship in particular - don't know about the cruiseline in total as it was the first time I sailed with them and don't think I'd like to give them another shot.

Horrible experience!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jewel

worst inside staterooms. You are either banging against their closet doors that open up on their own, the bathroom doors or the clattering and noisy shower doors. very tight space in the inside staterooms. housekeeping personnel actually gets mad at small children in the room.

nothing to do ... went to lucanya beach and took pictures. the hotel charges a day fee to use their chairs, horrible shuttle service that is touted by ncl - they cheated us and blamed it on the cruise line as well the water on lucanya beach by the hotel was extremely dirty. jet skiing that we arranged on our own was the only fun part.
Read 775 Freeport Reviews

Priced very high by the cruise ship so we managed on our own. Trip to the beach and some shopping. Disney was too far and too expensive for 4-5 hours.