Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by WATERWINGZ

10-12 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

WOW YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok I will try to sum the entire trip up in this review. I will start off by saying that the good out weighs the bad don't let negative reviews keep you from this boat.

I travelled with fourteen members of my family ranging in ages 10-63 four out of the fourteen were kids/teen ages 10,14,14,18. We took off a day early to Fort Lauderdale. We stayed at the embassy suites on 17th street. Price was about $180.00 per night but well worth it. For my drinkers the managers reception was great 5pm-730pm their was no minimum and great snacks to go along with it. Plenty of good restaurants near by and the pool was great.

The next morning we had a complimentary breakfast buffet that was really good and we checked out about 11:45 took a shuttle to the port which was only about two blocks away we paid the hotel $5 per person to get us all their they will work with you you just have to wheel and deal. Check in at the pier was easy and quick I think if you go after 12 hardly no lines. Took about 10-15 to get on the boat.

Once on the boat they tell you to go to get lunch and check out the ship. We went to get our accounts taken care of, don't let them tell you the lines will be long they weren't. We walked right up to a customer service rep and activated our seapass cards,placed minimums on the kids cards(JUST A LITTLE HEADS UP IF YOUR TRAVELING WITH CHILDREN AND YOU SET A MINIMUM FOR THEIR CARD IT WILL NOT WORK IN THE ARCADE WE FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY OUR KIDS WENT TO THE ARCADE AND SPENT $130 IN ONE HOUR) Customer service was fair about it and helped out with some of the charges we were appreciative for that. Its best to just give them cash for the arcade or go with them.

The rooms were roomy we had three in our room and put three in another room with the teens. Most of my family had balcony suites that's the best choice I think. I usually get a balcony but it was the first time for the kids and I didn't want them to get sick. There was plenty of storage space for clothing trust me we over packed so if it was enough for us then it was plenty. The outlet people had talked about in previous reviews was a little true so we brought extension cords. However about day four we discovered that the plugs under the bed weren't the only ones, There are some under the vanity just look under there.

The food was excellent every day and every where any reviews that say different weren't true. Travelling with fourteen people with so many different taste we had no complaints even my 10 year old ate everything and he is very picky. We ate a chops grill OMG it was awesome the portions were huge. The famous roast beef sandwiches at park cafe in central park on deck 8 were to die for, to bad they close at six every day but its a must to try them at least once. They also had make your own salads and prepackaged salads and sandwiches. The windjammer was great and never had an issue finding a seat we even ate there the first day and seating was plentiful.

seafood shack was good similar to red lobster

Johnny rockets pretty good pay 4.95 and all you can eat except milk shakes

free frozen yogurt by the pools

wipe out cafe hamburgers hot dogs things like that

promenade great mini sandwiches and desserts open all night

sorrento's pizza good pizza especially if you make your own closes at 3am

if you don't have the soda pass still plenty to drink like tea, lemonade, fruit waters at some places like windjammer and park cafe. You can ask for lemonade at dinner also in the main dining room. The main dining room menu was excellent every night.donut shop was ok for free donuts, the cupcake shop had some of the most amazing cup cakes and I though they were very good. One of my kids participated in a cup cake decorating class really cool. The ice cream parlor had all the best ice cream.

Ports

Bahamas- To quick to really enjoy not their long enough just shopped great deals if you don't settle for the first price told to you.

St. Thomas

Beautiful water the beach was great try to bargain with drivers if you don't want to sight sea. We did go to the highest point of the island it was breath taking. we stayed at the beach most of the day.

St. Maarten

Very Nice we did our water sports this day went to orient beach I must say the being nude was something that is practiced on this beach so beware if you have children my kids got a few eye fulls. water was a little choppy but still ok we enjoyed the beach again. A couple of us para-sailed, rented seadoos,and went inner tubing. Lots of water play at this beach.

The cruise director Ricky was the best I've seen. He was so funny every where he appeared. There is a 70's night so bring your gear to participate if you like dressing up it was a great show for the whole ship we danced like it was 1979 very funny. Book every show if you can because they all are so wonderful my husband isn't the show type he's a sports guy even he had to say he had never seen shows like these before and went to everyone and enjoyed them. The comedy show was so funny we sat in the front row and they focused on our family alot but it was so funny so if you don't like to be the center of attention sit in the back but we loved it. It didn't matter anyway because most people knew half of my family by the middle of the trip seeing how every one entered into so many competitions. Mainly my parents being on the love and marriage game show and my dad took his shirt off and they played that over and over for the rest of the boat on the in-room TVs and the mega screens out side almost everyday after it happened. The frozen in time ice skating show was awesome top of the line professional skating however there were some instances of people being dropped very scary.

Activities

Zip line a must do, the huge hot tubes were great some pools and hot tubes open all night, sports pool have family volleyball games , basketball court has soccer also, the boogie board and surfing were great we did this over and over again the whole family, mini golf very fun, outdoor movies played great movies even in room,carousel fun for kids and adults the dream works parades cool, the dream works characters take pictures all over the boat just have to find them. The do face painting for free and have various activities everyday on the boardwalk. The casino was really big the biggest I've seen on the ship a few of my family members did really well with slots and tables. I never experienced the pressure sales people talked about the drinks were strong and worth the money. prices for drinks and extras I felt were the same on any other boat. Drink special ranged from 6.95-7.95 always great drink of the day a few drinks were between 8-10 dollars but menus have the prices so you can't be surprised. Central park looked like a nice stroll in a park a must see at night when they have it all lit up.

We had wonderful waters during most of the tip except the last two nights. Hurricane sandy made sure we knew she was taking over the seas the waters tossed our boat around on day six like we were in a little sail boat but the cruise staff made everyone feel as comfortable as possible and it didn't stop the party. (BRING PLENTY OF MOTION SICKNESS MEDS JUST IN CASE)

This boat is the most amazing of all boats It's something you must see once I could go on and on about his boat but it would take days to tell it all. I had a few bumps in the road but the were so minor and were fixed so didn't need to complain. Just be your own judge and see for yourself but it has to be the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I was talking to a couple coming off one of the carnival boat and they had so much negative to say and I was thinking then how I made a great decision by choosing oasis of the seas. I just can't wait until they build something to top this.

Publication Date: 10/28/12