Carnival Victory Cruise Review by OrangeHunter: Victory isn't winning

Victory isn't winning

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We enjoyed our experience on the Norwegian Dawn so much 2 years ago we decided to cruise again for our honeymoon. Sadly we were disappointed with the way Carnival has kept up this particular ship. Also I know that Carnival has nothing to do with the behavior of it's passengers but I just wanted to note that the level of rudeness experienced from other passengers on the ship appalled us and really turned us off of Carnival. People were so loud and impatient, you actually had to wait until people boarded the elevator before you exited or they would run into you! It was like cruising with a bunch of teenagers!

Now we move on to things Carnival can work on:

Bathroom- Our shower was moldy. There is little worse than not feeling clean after showering because the shower stall is gross.

Smell- All week long our hallway stunk, I still can not figure out what the smell was but it was gross.

Elevators- They smelled too! It was a different foul odor every time we More walked in.

Sheets- Our sheets were stained and dirty the entire trip, even after requesting that they be changed. GROSS!

Bar Waiters- In the dining room Carnival has specific "bar waiters" and their only job is to take drink orders and serve drinks yet most of the time we were in the dining room we didn't have anything to drink. The bar waiters stand in the back and don't pay attention to the diners, you have to bother another waiter to have them get a bar waiter. And on top of that one of them laughed at my pronunciation of a wine. Rude.

Entertainment- The "broadway style reviews" were laughable! Literally we just laughed at what these poor dancers and singers had to do. I felt bad for them. The comedy, juggler and up close magic on the other hand were great! Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Balcony Empress 7433

Overall I wasn't happy with our room but that was my fault. I should have done more research. We had an aft balcony on 7. The room was so small we were tripping over each other The balcony door was a regular hinged door without a screen so you couldn't open it to let in the breeze. Also if your neighbors are nosy they can lean over the wall of the balconies and see into your room with ease. My husband kept hitting the TV when he walked by because the space between the TV and wall is so tight.

Distillery Tour

(3)
Eh, it was fine. It seemed like a nice relaxed day when we thought we had other water based tours later in the week but because we had 2 tours cancelled it feels like a big waste of time now : (

I didn't care for St. Kitts. It was the only port in which I felt uncomfortable. The taxi drivers, excursion pushers and the men carrying around monkeys were rude and pushy. Bright spot, the drinks at Fat Tuesday's were tasty and strong!

St. Lucia was beautiful! We decided to do a fishing charter through the ship and we loved it. We were paired with two other couples and had a fun day. The water was a little rough in the morning which made fishing hard and had one guest very sea sick but once the waves calmed down we caught 3 barracudas and had a few beers!

St. John Snorkel/Sail

(5.5)
The crew of the catamaran was awesome! We were able to see coral reef, beautiful fish and a turtle! The crew also gave us tons of information about the area and helped us to get an idea of what life on the island is like. They were personable and a lot of fun!