Carnival Valor Cruise Review by nward: Good Cruise

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Good Cruise

Sail Date: October 2012

We sailed on October 21st from Miami. Our original itinerary was supposed to be Key West, Fun Day at Sea, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, Fun Day at Sea and back to Miami. However, given Hurricane Sandy, we were re-routed to Costa Maya and Cozumel instead of Grand Cayman and Montego Bay. While I was disappointed with the change in itinerary, I still had fun on the cruise.

Overall, the cruise was a lot of fun. We had a blast and enjoyed ourselves. The food was good. Your typical cruise ship food. I did not think it was bad. It was just typical. We always found something that we liked to eat. The Fish and Chips stand was good. I like the Mongolian Wok.

We also tried the Steakhouse. It was pretty good. I had the surf and turf. It was good. My boyfriend had the NY strip. He thought it was just OK. I'm glad we tried it.

I liked the Valor. I thought it was a nice ship. The decor was your typical Carnival decor. But, I thought the ship's layout was More nice. On the Victory I kept hitting my leg on those seahorses on the stairs. None of that on this cruise. :-)

The itinerary was fine. I was excited about visiting Grand Cayman. But as I mentioned before, we did not get to visit given Hurricane Sandy. I enjoyed Key West. I thought Costa Maya was just OK. I did not go on any of the excursions. I wasn't impressed with Costa Maya. But, there were quite a few people who enjoyed Costa Maya. So, it's completely subjective. I thought Cozumel was fun. It reminded me of Cancun. But, not as nice. Again, it's subjective.

Overall, I enjoyed the Valor. I would recommend it. Less