Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by ladyjane: Key West, Cozumel cruise - just eh

Carnival Imagination 3
Member Since 2004
121 Forum Posts

Key West, Cozumel cruise - just eh

Sail Date: October 2012

This was my 3rd cruise - 2nd with Carnival. I cruised with my 2 adult daughters and my mom (her first cruise). We figured a shorter 4 night cruise would be a good break and the ports of Key West and Cozumel are easy to navigate.

Good: We stayed in porthole rooms. These were very spacious and overall I stayed in this type of room again. It was nice to have the small view. The food in the dining room and the buffet was overall very good. The only downside was that my oldest daughter loves pasta and had a hard time finding anything that didn't have a cream sauce on it. There are lots of places to relax. We never had a hard time finding a place to sit either inside or outside. The waterpark in the back of the boat was a nice place to cool off without the loud music. There weren't many kids on the ship so there was plenty of space.

Bad: The music by the pool was extremely loud. It's hard to find a place to sit outside to enjoy a view. The oddest thing on this ship More is that the outside decks all have lifeboats in front of them so you can't really see much. Carnival can't help the weather, but the sea day the weather was bad because of hurrican Sandy and so everyone was forced to be inside. There wasn't much to do and the ship was rocking pretty good so this made for a very long day.

Ugly: The evening entertainment was non-existent. They said there was some problem with the lighting so there weren't any shows until the last evening when they did a portion of one show. The singers weren't very good - it was like watching bad karoake and the dancers were just ok. Less

Published 10/30/12

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: 5AR12

porthole room was very spacious. I believe they only fit 2 as I didn't see the bunks. We had plenty of room to move around and store all of our stuff.

We shopped and took a taxi to Chankanaab park. An employee gave us a tour which was very informational. We watched the seal show - had been before so daughter #2 was excited to see Bingo again. We did some snorkeling and swimming here as well. They have added a pool so if you don't like the ocean there's that option as well. This is a great place to spend the day.
Read 3552 Cozumel Reviews

We just waslked around, did some shopping, went to the southern most point. There is some good shopping in Key West and it was fun just to look around.
Read 840 Key West Reviews