Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Koohiichan

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Koohiichan
Majesty of the Seas
Cabin Category: SO
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Fun Trip on Majesty of the Seas
Sailed Majesty from October 22 through October 26, 2012. It was a great cruise. My sister and I left our families at home so it would take a lot more than some windy/rainy weather and Coco Cay cancelling to ruin our cruise. There were bumpy and rocking seas on the way out and, especially the last 18 hours or so due to Sandy. I felt sorry for anyone who got sea sick but we were okay.

All in all I enjoyed Majesty. Our room was 9580 which was bit larger than a regular ocean-view stateroom. We loved its aft location near the spa and stairway/elevators. It was more than adequate with plenty of storage and closet space. Tons of hangers! We had some trouble with sink stopper getting stuck the first night, but it was fixed within minutes of reporting it. Our attendant, Antonio, was awesome. So friendly and magically seemed to attend to all our needs without ever being in the way.

The other passengers were from all over the world with, perhaps, the majority from the U.S., but it felt very international and diverse. It was a great crowd, very fun and a variety of age groups. There were some groups having a great time, but I don't think I would describe it as a party boat, at least no one seemed to bother anyone else. It made for fun and interesting to watch game shows, like Quest, etc.

I didn't see any of the production shows, but I did see Quest, Love & Marriage, Sexiest Man (pretty funny) and the comedian (good.) Usually I am traveling as a family so it was a treat to stay up a little later and see what everyone else is doing.

The ports were great. I enjoyed Nassau so much more than the other couple of times I've been there. I don't know why??? We went shopping and then went to the Sheraton. We must have been the only cruise guests there and it seemed that there was no one there anyhow. I'm sure the windy weather kept the cruisers away. We sat on the beach and got in the hot tub. The sun came out a little bit. The best part was the Daiq Shack across the street. Awesome, fresh fruit daiquiris with the smoothest rum ever. We didn't waste our money at the Sheraton. I just ran across the street and brought our drinks back. Later we went to the Fish Fry for dinner. Just a heads up: don't do this if you are in a hurry to get back to the boat. Dinner will take a couple of hours. Great food and friendly service, though. Locals were so friendly in Nassau once you got out of the immediate port area.

Coco Cay was cancelled due to high winds. It was disappointing, but we didn't let it get us down. RCI can't control the weather. FYI: if you want a seat around the pool or even on the pool or upper decks you must get there in the a.m. before 10 or so, at least on sea days. We missed out. We still managed to have a relaxing, book reading day. Key West was a bit rainy, but not too bad. The day was cut a little short due to hurricane Sandy, but otherwise a great day.

After sailing away the captain advised passengers to get bonine shots/medicine from the clinic and to prepare for a rocky night. Its been 29 hours since the cruise and I'm still rocking and rolling so I guess it was worse than I thought at the time. We coped by getting out and about, drinking and acting like everything was normal. Also, took some bonine before bed, just in case. There is something fun about sitting up in the Viking Crown looking over the ocean/pool area while you are rocking back and forth in 15 feet swells. They cancelled the show because it was too dangerous for the dancers and I saw more than a few crew member almost lose their footing. There were no problems getting a seat for anything that night. It seemed that many people had thought to turn in early, but the last thing I would have wanted was to be holed up in a little cabin during all of that.

On Friday the port of Miami was closed, but we finally got off the ship about 9:50 a.m. There were still plenty of people left on the boat. Our flight was at noon so we felt lucky to make our flight. I feel sorry for anyone's trip that was impacted by Sandy, but we felt extremely lucky. It could've been so much worse.

I liked Majesty. It was perfect for my sister and I. We wanted a shorter cruise and to have fun and a break from everyday life. We also liked the ports. My next cruise is with the family on Adventure of the Seas.

Publication Date: 10/29/12