“First Time River Cruiser”
Cruise review of Viking Helvetia

ninegrand Viking Helvetia 5 First Time River Cruiser
ninegrand
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
It has been a few months since our cruise, but I can remember quite clearly! Because of the excellent treatment from the staff of the viking Helvetia. My travel agent told me that the viking reps would be"at the gate" waiting for us, they weren`t at the gate but we picked up our luggage and got our passports stamped we though the door and my husband spotted the smiling face of our viking rep right away! We were escorted though the airport and to a waiting bus. We instantly started talking to others making new frinds! Once we arrived it was to early to check in, but an arranged tour of Amsterdam was about to start, Our guide was amazing answering questions, and showing us the sights, the city was "alive" because the next day was queen`s day! A canal trip later, we headed back to the helvetia, lunch was being served, this was more than we thought, we had thought perhaps only dinner that day. Our room was ready, we "checked" in our room didn't disappoint, lots of storage or large pieces of luggage fit easily under the bed, and the bathroom had a ton of storage too. We had lots of luggage, our trip extended 2 more weeks after the cruise. From wonderful breakfasts, Champagne to Cereal, the breaksfast didn`t disappoint! Lunch and Dinner were all amazing! The tours were all interesting, Kinderdijk was a bit hurried, but good. The evening before Rene our tour guide would inform us as what to expect, concerning the pace and details of the next days tour. I always felt "well taken care of" while our our tours. As others have pointed out, The Black Forest was "touristy", it was a rainy day, and we did have a stop at an Abbey on the way, so it was interesting. The staff was always helpful and taking good care of us, one evening after dinner we went back to our room and I found a beautiful Flower arrangement waiting for me in our cabin, the Cruise director helped him arrange it for me! The last day went quickly, we were some the last ones off the ship, not only did we have breakfast, but lunch too! It was off to the airport to pick up our rental car and continue our vacation!
Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

A321
Our cabin 321 was in a great spot, two chairs a comfy bed, lots of storage everywhere! The shower was small but it worked always had hot water etc. The safe and tv worked well. I do wish that perhaps a full length mirror on the door might have been nice!
Published 10/28/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Viking Helvetia Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?