Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by Karen1969

Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: B
See More About: Crystal Symphony Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Crystal Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Crystal Symphony Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Crystal Symphony Deck Plans
Crystal Symphony
My partner, her mom, and three of her mom's friends sailed from Boston to Montreal. This was our second cruise on the Symphony and their first.

SHIP: The ship was in fantastic shape. Even as we were sailing, the carpet was being replaced as they continue to update the ship. We found our rooms to be comfortable and updated, and the public areas were beautiful. The only crowding was at the lunch buffet, were we had difficulty finding a seat...especially for 6. But I believe this was due to the cold weather, as passengers could not comfortably sit in the Trident area and were all forced into the Lido.

FOOD: We found that the quality of food was again fantastic! As proven by the 5, yes 5 pounds that I gained! One thing I love to do on the Symphony is try new things, such as the Asian breakfast. I know that the quality of the food will be good so I'm not afraid of what I might get! We have been reading that service may be lacking since going all-inclusive and I can say that we found it to be the exact opposite! In particular, folks have been saying that the wine/cocktail service in dinner is slow, and I can tell you that for us it was not. And not only were drinks served fast, but our waiters remembered our drink preferences and had them almost immediately after we sat for dinner. Both speciality restaurants were fantastic, though I have a preference for Silk Road.

CREW: The service from top to bottom was fantastic. Several of the crew remembered my partner and I from 2 years ago...we had to help them with our names, but they definitely remembered us! Our travel companions had never cruised with Crystal and they now say that they will not ever cruise with another line...and these people are well traveled!

ENTERTAINMENT: We typically do not go to the shows, but did this time, as our travel companions wanted to go. I have to say the they were really good. The orchestra needs a little work, but the shows were good. We also loved Colin Salter in the Avenue Saloon and the pianist in The Cove. Really talented people.

EMBARK/DISEMBARK: Perfectly done. Quickly onto the ship and quietly off.

Publication Date: 10/29/12