Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by Karen1969: Crystal Symphony

Crystal Symphony

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Boston

My partner, her mom, and three of her mom's friends sailed from Boston to Montreal. This was our second cruise on the Symphony and their first.
SHIP: The ship was in fantastic shape. Even as we were sailing, the carpet was being replaced as they continue to update the ship. We found our rooms to be comfortable and updated, and the public areas were beautiful. The only crowding was at the lunch buffet, were we had difficulty finding a seat...especially for 6. But I believe this was due to the cold weather, as passengers could not comfortably sit in the Trident area and were all forced into the Lido.
FOOD: We found that the quality of food was again fantastic! As proven by the 5, yes 5 pounds that I gained! One thing I love to do on the Symphony is try new things, such as the Asian breakfast. I know that the quality of the food will be good so I'm not afraid of what I might get! We have been reading that service may be lacking since going all-inclusive and I can say More that we found it to be the exact opposite! In particular, folks have been saying that the wine/cocktail service in dinner is slow, and I can tell you that for us it was not. And not only were drinks served fast, but our waiters remembered our drink preferences and had them almost immediately after we sat for dinner. Both speciality restaurants were fantastic, though I have a preference for Silk Road.
CREW: The service from top to bottom was fantastic. Several of the crew remembered my partner and I from 2 years ago...we had to help them with our names, but they definitely remembered us! Our travel companions had never cruised with Crystal and they now say that they will not ever cruise with another line...and these people are well traveled!
ENTERTAINMENT: We typically do not go to the shows, but did this time, as our travel companions wanted to go. I have to say the they were really good. The orchestra needs a little work, but the shows were good. We also loved Colin Salter in the Avenue Saloon and the pianist in The Cove. Really talented people.
EMBARK/DISEMBARK: Perfectly done. Quickly onto the ship and quietly off. Less

Read more Crystal Symphony cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crystal Symphony Review >>

Cabin review: Crystal Symphony Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah Horizon Deck 8026

The cabin was very comfortable and has been updated. The size is a good bit smaller than on the other cruise lines we've sailed, but we knew this. The bath is very nice with plenty of storage and a fantastic shower! The room has an extra hair dryer, refrig, flat screen TV, umbrella, verandah with table and two chairs, nice size closet and plenty of drawers for stuff. You should bring an extension cord as there is only one 110 plug at the desk.

Acadia National Park

(5)
We biked in the Acadia National Park and just LOVED it. The fall colors were gorgeous and the tour guide very good. You don't have to be bike regularly to do this tour, as they give you plenty of rest/picture taking time.

The Boston area is great. We walked the Freedom trail and had a great meal in Chinatown. The port itself was terrible! They made us wait outside in the rain until some supervisor said it was OK to let us in. And its just a large spade with folding chairs and port-o-lets.
Read 223 Boston Reviews

We didn't care for this port as it didn't seem like much. We did a lot of riding on a bus to see the titanic grave site.
Read 356 Halifax Reviews

Peggy's Cove

(2)
Just not much in Peggy's Cove except the lighthouse and a few shops. And if it happens to be raining, forget it. We also didn't have enough time to really do anything except walk the streets a bit.

This is a really cute area with some unique shopping options. We enjoyed walking the old town.