Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by aislingcrowe84

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by aislingcrowe84
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: aislingcrowe84
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: PR
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Fantastic Value Holiday
I booked my holiday through Trail Finders - Fantastic Value - 7 Night Eastern Med Cruise on Board RCI Navigator of the Seas. Inclusive Flights and hotel in Rome night before sailing. We got great value in our deal and paid less than 1900 for the package. We upgraded our room to Promanade Room, Booked My Time Dining and Late Departure as additional extras with extra costings. We stayed in the Crowne Plaza St Peters Rome the Saturday night before Sailing. This hotel was outside the city, which was fine, a shuttle bus runs through out the day at different intervals to drop you into the city, this Im afraid does not run often enough for my liking. We took a taxi in as we did not want to waste our only day in Rome waiting for an hour for the bus. This cost us approx 15.00 euro( to give you an idea ). I found Rome to be pretty dirty in a lot of places, even though the historic element was beautiful, the city was very drab. The People I am afraid were not very friendly either. We hired a private transfer to the Port the next morning. We boarded Navigator Of the Seas very quickly which was pleasing.

My first impression of the exteroir of the Ship was WOW HUGE...14 DECKS high. I found the Interior of the Ship extremely impressive, All areas totally spotless and clean, even the carpeted areas.Our stateroom, Promanade View: Lovely Clean Room with a fabulously comfortable bed. Lovely Clean Bathroom. Lots of Storage. Safe. Minibar. Tv with all guest information. Window facing down onto the prom, while an upgrade from an interior cabin, we did not spend too much time gawking out the window. It was handy because we could check out the queue at guest relations. My next Cruise I will book a balcony room. Our room attendent was highly attentive to us and wa practically waiting for us to exit the room so that he could clean TWICE a day!! What service. He always greeted us and was so friendly. All staff on board were so respectful and pleasant in all ways.

The Dining room we were assigned to was Swan Lake - We had booked My Time Dining - which while handy as you can choose your dining time every evening, was more of a hindrance as we wanted to sit together every evening and not share tables, we had to compromise regarding time a few night, this is not a deal breaker though. We had a table at the window every night, and was beautiful. Service Staff were excellent, and food over all top notch. Only one night did we feel the standard slipped slightly and I think that was down to over filling the dining room at that particular time. We ate in Chops Restaurant (30.00 dollars per head), it was FABULOUS. We also ate in Portofino (20.00 dollars per head )it was great also, well worth splashing out for a bit of variety. We did not take part in the first formal night, although we felt the whole way through the cruise people dressed as they wished, whether formal or casual attire was the recommedation,most dressed how they pleased.

The bars were fantastic on board, we drank at them all, but spent most time in the Sports Bar on the top deck 14, where we could catch the news on the tv as well as a little sport. Bela a romanian guy behind the bar was amazing and really kept us entertained every night we were there with lovely conversation. The nightclub was great also but we only went once.

The shows seemed a bit drab to me, felt they all appealed to a very family orientated audience, while this is understandable, it would have been nice to have a comedian with some adult humour as well...Advertised comedian, was a juggler, while funny, it did get old after ten minutes of juggling and miming. The pool was always busy,as the weather was so good.

The tours offered were brilliant, although leaning on the expensive side. We picked wisely and spent money where we only wanted to see something in particular. We chose to do the Taste of Sicily tour which we would really recomend as you get to go up to MT Etna and is very beautiful!! We mostly did hop on hop off tours everywhere else. We stopped in Sicily, Kusadasi, Crete, Athens and Back to Rome. There was a jam packed schedule of activities on the ship, parades, bingo, The casino...etc...You WILL NEVER BE BORED if you are willing to take part in something. I cannot endorse this holiday enough. There was a good mix of elderly, retirees, honeymooners, families and couples, to not feel isolated...Just Brilliant...I really admire the staff for their friendly approach and outlook to spending 7 months solid away from their families to work on board.

Publication Date: 10/26/12