“Dream for adults without kids”
Cruise review of Disney Dream

DewDogSailor Disney Dream 5 Dream for adults without kids
DewDogSailor
Member Since 2008
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I will admit, I was a little concerned about taking a Disney cruise without children. We have been to the parks and enjoyed the high level of service, so we decided to try the ship on for size. We were not disappointed, and did not feel left out. We booked a guaranteed balcony, and were pleasantly impressed with our family size suite. It could have fit 5 people, and felt huge. The split bathroom was also a nice touch, as other reviews have indicated. I especially liked the shower having both a tub, handheld, and rain style option. The check in process was a dream. We booked the Disney transport from the airport, as I wanted to make Disney had control as soon as we hit Florida. The price was comparable to the private transports. An unexpected bonus to taking this was our ability to check in entirely at the airport. We were then took our alcohol out of our checked bags, and moved it to our carry on, and boarded the bus. We didn't touch our suitcases again and walked right onto the ship. No waiting or additional check in. We got to the ship early, and had to wait for about 2 hours before getting into our room. The food, and facilities were nice so the wait was pleasant. T We went to the adult pool area and hung out on the double size couches. Felt like we were the only ones on the ship, and couldn't wait for the cruise to start. We ate at Remy on the first night, and it was incredible. Food, service, knowledge, and skills were excellent. Each dish was a piece of art, and was served over a 2 hour period. Our overall impression of hte trip was a good one. There were things for adults to do, and the sense of fun was for all ages. Characters were available at many times through the day, if you wanted to get a picture. It was really cute to see the excitement on kids faces when they got to meet a princess. It was Disney, so we expected clean, and courteous and that is what we got. Outside of each restaurant there were people handing out sanitize wipes, and you saw crew constantly cleaning. I would recommend the cruise as the food was fabulous. There was a nice variety of healthy, and tasty options. The Disney private island was relaxing, and refreshing. It was nice to get on and off the ship and not worry about anything. The only complaint I have is that there are too many choices for a short cruise. I didn't feel like I relaxed as I was going from one activity to the next. This would be great for kids, but as an adult, it was a little busy.
Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

4A9112

Felt safe, clean, and relaxing. The stingray adventure was nice, and the adult beach went on forever. You could put your chair right in the water, and watch the surf. Plenty of spots in the shade or sun. This was probably because the ship wasn't full, but there were a lot of options.
Port
We've been to Nassau before. So we really didn't spend time doing the tours. There really wasn't anything special about the shopping, same as many other Caribbean ports. Jewelery, watches, and perfumes.
Read 4,127 Nassau Reviews
Published 10/25/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Dream Review
Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?