Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Babyguido

Member Name: Babyguido
Cruise Date: October 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: CC
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Infinity Cruise to the Panama Canal
My husband and I were so excited to go on this trip. We had been on the Solstice in April 2012 and had a marvelous experience. The infinity is smaller and older but was "solsticized" recently. The ship was very nice, clean and everything modern.

Upon entering our bathroom the first day we noticed a very strong mildew smell coming from the sink area. Apparently, the tub was leaking under the sink and causing mold and mildew. When the maintenance man came up he agreed that there was a big problem and apologized over and over. The crew said they fixed it and by tearing out the bottom of the cabinet and replacing the wood when we were in port. We were hopeful that would take care of the stench. Sadly, it did not. They offered to move us to another room so we had a quick look at before we decided to pack everything and move. When we went in that bathroom also smelled. We looked under that sink and sure enough a similar repair had been made. We ended up staying in the original room rather than pack, move and end up with the same problem anyway. The smell never went away. They gave us a free dinner in QSine to compensate for our discomfort. The food was excellent but we really felt angry that we had to put up with the stench the entire cruise.

We booked an Aqua Class cabin because we wanted the option of eating in the Blu Dining room. The food in Blu was awful. The meat was always tough and the food was tasteless. We ate in the main dining room and it also was a big disappointment. I had a hard time finding anything on the menu that looked good. I am not a picky eater and my hubby loves all food. We ate in the buffet often because the Indian food was delicious and we liked the pasta and pizza. The good news is we did not gain the usual 5 extra pounds! Needless to say, I would not book an Aqua class room again. I think you would be better off getting a regular balcony room and save the money.

We went on several excursions and enjoyed them very much. The only thing I would mention is to read the descriptions carefully before you go so that you can bring the right clothes, shoes, bug repellent, etc. We had plenty to choose from and they were organized and never full.

The entertainment was good and bad. The had a great comedian and we loved the Celebrity dancers. The music throughout the ship was boring. We hoped for some lively music to dance to before dinner but there was none. The entertainment during the day is almost non existent. Not a lot going on at the pool. There were some trivia games and the usual bingo.

Most of the passengers were very old. We met a lot of very nice people but it would be nice to meet more people our age. I guess that is expected on a 15 night cruise in October. We would like to find a cruise were there are more people in the 40-60 year old range. With music from the 60's-80's not string quartets, etc. We don't know if that exists.

Overall, we had a good time. It was not everything we hoped for from Celebrity. Several of the guests felt as we did and had been on the Solstice and will never go back on a Millennium class ship again. I won't say never but I will do more research before jumping on one again.

Publication Date: 10/26/12
More Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews

More Panama Canal & Central America Reviews
Still Love Celebrity
Celebrity Panama
Fortunate to Get to Enjoy This...

More Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews