Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by Dagaleaa: First Time Cruiser- Carnival Destiny Oct 6-10 12 7-333 AFT

Dagaleaa
Member Since 2012

First Time Cruiser- Carnival Destiny Oct 6-10 12 7-333 AFT

Sail Date: October 2012

We sailed upon the Carnival Destiny on Oct. 6th to the 10th 2012. Our room was located in the Aft of the ship Room 7-333. The room was nice and big..although, I did notice we gave up some interior space to have the wonderful balcony. I think it was an okay trade-off. Our steward was great..he kept our ice bucket full at all times..the room clean...and, when our sink began to drain very slowly ( if at all) he had it fixed that evening!
We ate most of our meals in the dining room, and the food was really good! I enjoyed looking over the nightly menus, and the variety was great! I really enjoyed the " Did Ya Ever" section where you got to try some exotic food if desired...I tried the escargot, alligator, and sushi..among others. I liked that you could pick and choose as much as you wanted, and the formal night when we had lobster we choose to have another plate of it--it was that good!
I also did the Chef's Table dinner, and it was a gift to my friend and I. I enjoyed the More tour of the kitchen, the appetizers served at the reception, and the more formal sit down dinner. My only complaint was the room was too hot, and it really lessened the experience for me. They set up the library room as our dinner spot, and I don't know if the air was not working correctly--but, it was uncomfortable hot!!
Our excursions were great. We did not book them through Carnival.. I did my research and choose what I wanted to do. In Jamaica we did the all inclusive day pass to The Dunn's River Jewel. It was a lot of fun..the beach was nice, and the food & drinks kept flowing! In the Grand Caymans we did the Moby Dick
Sting Ray City tour and we got to swim with the sting rays, and also got to snorkel off a beautiful reef.
We attended several of the Destiny night shows which were okay--a little cheesy and predictable. The comedy shows were very good! We did the martini tasting and enjoyed it! We participated in the scavenger hunt, and won!! We played goony golf, but the golf area seemed old and in need of repair.
Here are my videos from the cruise:

https://vimeo.com/dawnh/judi-birthday-cruise-60th-2012 Part One!!
https://vimeo.com/51710906 Part Two
https://vimeo.com/52015349 Part Three

The dancing in the dining rooms was really fun to watch. There was one dancer who was fantastic and everyone watched for him! He is featured in my Part Three Video. Our waiter was Winston, and his service was good!
I had a great time on my cruise...would highly recommend it to anyone. They often say a cruise is what you make of it and we went to have a good time and it did not disappoint us in any way. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Destiny Balcony Upper 7-333

Cabin 7-333 very quiet...the balcony was great..big enough..I only felt a slight rocking motion--strangely enough more in the bathroom. The bathroom was a little small, but workable. The shower was great once I learned how to turn on the hot water. The bed was very comfortable...lots of pillows, and the bedding was fresh and new! Our steward was excellent!

Stingray Swim

(5.5)
Great experience!! Our tour people were friendly and nice. We got ample time in the water for both the Stingray swimming and the snorkling. I would highly recommend it for anyone.