Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Pug-Lover

Cabin Category: 4H
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great Back-2-Back for 2 weeks of sun
I cannot believe that I sailed the same weeks as these last few reviews

This was our 23rd and 24th cruise.... so maybe we know what to expect

But in two weeks time I NEVER saw anyone "falling down drunk" and we were at every late comedy for two weeks, and were out and about til 1am about 10 of those 14 nights. We do avoid the smoky casino ....but most of the "players" dont get falling down drunk. If this occurred after midnight or 1am I would not know.

While I can agree that Embarkation Sail/Sign pictures need to be done at the counter so that there are 20 at a time being done instead of 2. This needs improvement, being platinum I did not expect a 45 min wait to get on

The Entertainment was very enjoyable, maybe not tremendous but up to par.

Christopher Alan Graves has an excellent voice..... I actually saw Libra guy leave the show(prior review), he was the one that missed out. We enjoyed the shows enough to go back to them ALL the 2nd week. I do agree that live music acts should rotate around the ship.

The Food was very good in the Dining Room.... again not an "OH WOW" every day but very good. Carnival's desserts are the best. Our service was great.

The Brunch on sea days is different and TERRIFIC. Steak and eggs, coated French toast, cheese poppers, etc.

The Cantina for breakfast and lunch is TERRIFIC as are "Guy's" Burgers/Fries.

Having a fresh made breakfast burrito was a highlight, better than the omelets.

The deli is excellent and has the best hours.

Fish/chips was way tooo greasy.... the plain fries there are excellent though but it has very short hours

Carnival's pizza use to be very good five or six years ago ... this was our 12th Carnival and I use to look forward to the pizza.

If it wasn't for seeing the dough being spread I would have thought it was just a cracker. I do not like the new pizza at all.

We had plenty to eat, but there definitely needs to be something else open after 9:30 at night. We would come out of the show and wanted something other than the lousy pizza, and The late snack offerings are poor. They use to have burgers and fries. This is one area that NCL crushes Carnival.

While I do have two other things to whine about, I think the value for the price is exceptional. We could not have afforded B2B on RCCL.

Our CD, Karl with a K, was entertaining where he needed to be, BUT his announcements were tooooooo LONG, tooooo LOUD, and way toooo FREQUENT.

Earning Platinum status is great, you are rewarding repeat customers.

I do NOT think you should be able to just buy this privilege. I think the faster to the fun program should be stopped.

Publication Date: 10/25/12