Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by 31cruises

Member Name: 31cruises
Cruise Date: October 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: 09
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Celebrity Panama
First, embarkation was a total mess. We were told in advance not to arrive before 1:30 because there was no chance of getting on the ship until then and there was limited seating in the terminal...so we complied, only to find everyone else was there and they had the seats!.. we are "Elite" status Captains Club members, nothing special here, stood like cattle ready for slaughter, the real kicker was they would come and get some passengers and take them on ship (our companions had a Royal Suite and were allowed on while we waited) even after we watched some folks board the infinity staff said we had to wait no one was allowed on the ship! (first lie of the day) We finally got on board about 3pm and reviewed our stateroom.

It was our first inside stateroom in over a decade. Friends planned this trip and we had already taken a trip this year so our decision was to go, but be "conservative". Room 6903 is an inside room recently added to the infinity and was surprisingly roomy but the engineers didn't plan for 15 day cruises. very small bathroom no above counter storage anywhere, several racks broken where storage used to be, not fixed...stateroom near elevator but no noise and location was great. We had called on the Sunday before the Monday sailing and inquired about an upgrade (the website still had several rooms available) they said too late but check when we arrive on ship. Staff told us ship completely sold out!!! inquiries during the cruise indicated several traveling partners said rooms vacate near them..(second lie)

I found the food on board to be very good, maybe the best of any line I've been on. understand this was a generally American group to and from American ports so things like steak etc were better then some Italian or British ports where they cater to a different crowd. but overall great marks for dining in general. They did place us at the wrong table and it wasn't until day 3 when they finally put table numbers on the table we figured that out, but we stayed and all worked out.

Internet was horrible paid 95 cent a minute one time for 12 minutes and didn't even get online. system told me Internet disconnected and no refund. ( i did have a coupon but still lost 12 minutes ) the folks who run the Internet cafe took lots of abuse and it isn't their fault the system doesn't work. Since I couldn't print boarding passes I went down to customer service, they told me they didn't do boarding passes (but they did them for a traveling friend) Lie #3

There were holes in the floor under the carpet!! my wife twisted her ankle first night in the dining room and after a week of near misses and one complete fall by a passenger they finally fixed it.

The fridge in our room didn't work, we asked for repairs (I have insulin) didn't respond until day 4 (we had placed meds in friends room) Captains Club is a joke, we went to "Elite" members reception, were charged for drinks and no food! why not just stay in Bar... had an Elite Continental breakfast daily but nothing there!! they definitely treat repeat guest worst of any line Ive been on.

paid $200.00 for a spa pass (just allows access to steam rooms etc (royal Caribbean doesn't charge) they made us pay a $20 tip. Several charges on our bill they we never made. staff was very willing to take them off (seems maybe it happens too often). Seemed bad at getting folks on and off ship at ports. bad lines every time.

Martini bar is good, modern design of public rooms and nice furnishings throughout, comfy beds and nice itinerary & staff. Food great, but probably not try Celebrity again, back to Princess or Royal Caribbean.

For a ship that has been recently refirbished the infinity was needing some repairs. holes in the floors under carpet caused my wife to twist her ankle the first night, (by day 6 they were fixed, understand lots of near misses and one real fall) yea they were that big? general maintance well below Royal Caribbean or Princess standards.

Our refridgarator didnt work in our room (I travel with insulin) and on day 4 they showed up to fix it!! I had stached my medication in a friends fridge!!

They have an internet room but the service is reallllly bad. one day I wasted 12 minutes (at 95 cents a minute) to never get online!! the staff in the room were constantly cussed out and abused, wasnt their fault but they took alot of abuse. Just terrible service!!! Since I couldnt print a boarding pass I went to customer service, but they said they didnt do that!! (they did it for some of my traveling companions!!! (lie #3)

Captian Club is basically worthless. As an Elite member (highest available) they have a nightly cocktail party. On day 3 we decided to attend, to find the drinks we ordered werent covered and no food was available. (we would have been treated better in a bar) There was a morning continential breakfast available for Elite members but could get better eats in the buffett..

when I review I generally point out the problems and there were plenty. But the Martini Bar is great (pricy) the staff everywhere were fine. and disembarkation went very smooth, (but remember embarkation was a nightmare including lie #1..

Publication Date: 10/24/12