Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by paull2002

Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

7 Days of fun
First, let me say that my wife and I truly enjoyed our cruise on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas. This ship is a monster but if you do your homework prior to sailing, you will have a wonderful experience. The ship's passenger compliment was about 6100 with a crew of over 2300. While that seems like a lot of people (and it is) most of the time the ship did not feel crowded. The only time we felt crowded was during several parades on the Royal Promenade and in the Windjammer Market Place. Other than that we never felt like there were too many people on board.

We were disappointed with the food and lack of seating in the Windjammer. Usually a great experience, the meats were often dried out and empty trays were slow to be refilled. The design of the ship was fantastic with the exception of the Windjammer. More attention should have been paid to this area. This being said, we only ate there 2 or 3 times during the trip.

Our stateroom overlooked Central Park, truly a novel and fun place to spend time. One evening around 10pm we sat and listened to a piano/violin duo. Just totally relaxing and enjoyable! The Park Cafe was great. They serve a roast beef sandwich (don't ask me to spell it) that is absolutely a must try for anyone taking a cruise on Oasis. The other foods served here are also quite good and it was rarely crowded.

The main dining room food and service was excellent (as usual). Our waiter (Krasen) and assistant waiter (Leonardo) were attentive and first-rate. We were seated in the deck 4 area (table 450) and every meal was great! No need to dine in the specialty restaurants but they also got good reviews from others we met on our trip.

What can I say about the entertainment? Excellent. We saw Hairspray the first night and thoroughly enjoyed the show. The cast was top notch. Second night we saw Oasis of Dreams at the Aqua Theater. You cannot imagine how much fun a water show at sea can be! The headliner show, Comedians, Frozen in Time Ice Show, and Come Fly with Me were also outstanding but then again, most of the shows RCCL puts on are!

We have been to Labadee and Cozemel several times but this was the first time in Falmouth. Not bad but if you venture outside the port compound be prepared to fend off locals trying to make a living. Just a bit aggressive. I did manage to find a Jerk Seasoning (Island Spice) that is almost exclusive to Jamaica and bought the store out. It was a priority for me prior to sailing.

As I mentioned above, we had a Central Park view stateroom that was roomy enough for my wife and me and amid ships. The walk to the forward elevator was fairly short and a bit farther to the aft elevator but as most people know who have cruised before, a good walk after dinner won't hurt you!

My wife and I are planning to take the Allure of the Seas next year and possibly take our families with us. That is a major undertaking as we will require 6 staterooms. It will be interesting to see if we catch any kind of break from RCCL for booking 6 at one time.

We both recommend this ship!

Publication Date: 10/24/12