Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by paull2002: 7 Days of fun

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

7 Days of fun

Sail Date: October 2012

First, let me say that my wife and I truly enjoyed our cruise on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas. This ship is a monster but if you do your homework prior to sailing, you will have a wonderful experience. The ship's passenger compliment was about 6100 with a crew of over 2300. While that seems like a lot of people (and it is) most of the time the ship did not feel crowded. The only time we felt crowded was during several parades on the Royal Promenade and in the Windjammer Market Place. Other than that we never felt like there were too many people on board.
We were disappointed with the food and lack of seating in the Windjammer. Usually a great experience, the meats were often dried out and empty trays were slow to be refilled. The design of the ship was fantastic with the exception of the Windjammer. More attention should have been paid to this area. This being said, we only ate there 2 or 3 times during the trip.
Our stateroom overlooked Central Park, truly a novel and More fun place to spend time. One evening around 10pm we sat and listened to a piano/violin duo. Just totally relaxing and enjoyable! The Park Cafe was great. They serve a roast beef sandwich (don't ask me to spell it) that is absolutely a must try for anyone taking a cruise on Oasis. The other foods served here are also quite good and it was rarely crowded.
The main dining room food and service was excellent (as usual). Our waiter (Krasen) and assistant waiter (Leonardo) were attentive and first-rate. We were seated in the deck 4 area (table 450) and every meal was great! No need to dine in the specialty restaurants but they also got good reviews from others we met on our trip.
What can I say about the entertainment? Excellent. We saw Hairspray the first night and thoroughly enjoyed the show. The cast was top notch. Second night we saw Oasis of Dreams at the Aqua Theater. You cannot imagine how much fun a water show at sea can be! The headliner show, Comedians, Frozen in Time Ice Show, and Come Fly with Me were also outstanding but then again, most of the shows RCCL puts on are!
We have been to Labadee and Cozemel several times but this was the first time in Falmouth. Not bad but if you venture outside the port compound be prepared to fend off locals trying to make a living. Just a bit aggressive. I did manage to find a Jerk Seasoning (Island Spice) that is almost exclusive to Jamaica and bought the store out. It was a priority for me prior to sailing.
As I mentioned above, we had a Central Park view stateroom that was roomy enough for my wife and me and amid ships. The walk to the forward elevator was fairly short and a bit farther to the aft elevator but as most people know who have cruised before, a good walk after dinner won't hurt you!
My wife and I are planning to take the Allure of the Seas next year and possibly take our families with us. That is a major undertaking as we will require 6 staterooms. It will be interesting to see if we catch any kind of break from RCCL for booking 6 at one time.
We both recommend this ship! Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom Deck 9 9587

As mentioned our cabin was on deck 9 with view of Central Park. We were very comfortable and the cabin was roomy enough for us. Cabin service was great. Our cabin attendant, Ceon was very nice and took very good care of us.

Well, here is where the wife went a bit wild. After looking at them for the past 5 years she finally pulled the trigger and bought a Tanzanite/Diamond ring. It is truly beautiful and she has been beaming since. If you know how to bargain you can do very well. The ring was suggested at $18,000 US (Yeah, right!) but probably worth about $7000. She got them down to $4800! Once back on board she showed it to one of the staff in Regalia, the on-board high-end jeweler and he couldn't believe what she paid for it! Got a great deal!
Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews

Excellent for shopping and beach excursions.
Read 479 Falmouth Reviews

We are not much for the beach or sun but we found a nice shady spot to relax for a few hours. The temperature was high the day we were there so we re-boarded the ship around 12:30pm and just 'hung out' the rest of the day. There is much to keep you busy on shore though if you are beach/sun people.
Read 360 Labadee Reviews