Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by scrtwrldfalxmac

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by scrtwrldfalxmac
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: scrtwrldfalxmac
Cruise Date: October 2012

Terrible
My wife and I decided on a honeymoon cruise to the Caribbean with Carnival. Having never taken a cruise before, we didn't know what to expect. One of the main things we were concerned with was the fact that my wife has a wheat allergy and must eat foods that do not contain gluten. We contacted Carnival and they informed us that there would be plenty of gluten free items that she could chose from. The best way to describe this information that was given to us was that it was a complete lie. The gluten free offerings for lunch and snacks included plain hamburger patties, burritos without tortillas, ice cream, and hot dogs without the bun; on a cruise that lasted 7 days, that is not a large selection. Dinner offered more options, although our waiter always seemed annoyed about my wife's condition and he did not seem to take much care in ensuring that her order was correct. On several occasions, the soups came with croutons and the food was dredged with flour. On two separate occasions he simply did not put in my wife's order and we had to talk to the materdee in order to get her food.

Besides the poor quality of the food and service we received with dinner, the amount of people drinking and staggering drunk was jaw-dropping. Neither my wife nor I drink and we were constantly bombarded by waiters trying to get us to buy alcoholic drinks. On multiple occasions, we had to walk around the vomit from those guests that passed their time getting completely drunk. It seemed more like a frat party that a relaxing cruise.

The shows were poor in quality and lacked any sort of coherent plot to them. But I'm sure they were very interesting assuming you were drunk. They were reminiscent of high school productions except that the only male singer was an overweight, balding man in his 40's. It seemed odd to watch him singing love songs to the only female singer who was probably 19 or 20.

One bright side was that our housekeeper was very warm and pleasant and took the time to learn our names and converse with us whenever we saw her in the hallway.

Needless to say that neither my wife nor I enjoyed this cruise and we will never be sailing with Carnival again. In addition, we will go out of our way to warn others who might be considering this cruise to avoid it like the plague.

Publication Date: 10/24/12