Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by garst1

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Exceeded our expectations.
Exceeded my expectations. My wife and I have cruised with the "big guys" for many years. When I received a Groupon Coupon with Bahamas Celebration two day cruise at a discount price, I laughed at first. When I saw some of the reviews I became curious. Throwing caution to the wind I bought the deal. At worst I thought we would have to do a shift stoking the boilers. What a surprise BC had in store for us. Since our passport docs and boarding papers were ready, we walked right on without standing in line. The cabin was not going to be ready till 2:00, but a great lunch was being served on the pool deck. I must say that as an F&B person who knows food cost, I was surprised at the many choices, and much better than I had expected quality.

We lounged on deck until it was time to go to our cabin. While on other cruises we always pay for a balcony cabin that was not an option here. The cabin was actually laid out better than others we have been in. It was actually large enough for both my wife and I to change without getting in each other's way. Knowing that this was a "dated" boat, cleanliness was a prior concern. The ship had last gone through a referb in 2009, and the crew maintained the spotless environment on a daily basis. It seemed as if every time we left the cabin, when we returned there were fresh towels and ice in the bucket. While most of the crew were multinational and spoke some English, all were very polite and friendly.

We had upgraded to The Cove restaurant for dinner. The food was excellent and the service was equal to a 5 star review. The nigh show at "The View" was lively and very entertaining. Certainly on a larger ship you will get a full Broadway style review, but with the help of the cruise director, or as he liked to be called "Steve", you got a much more intimate show. The acts were comprised of some very talented people. On the second day, my wife and I decided to stay on board as we have previously seen all that Grand Bahamas has to offer. We relaxed on the pool deck, and I even got to see the Patriots beat the Jets on a big screen in The Ocean Breeze Lounge. Then it was a delightful dinner at "The Rock", a new addition that was not yet on the brochure. After another different but still entertaining show at "The View" we both decided that we were going to tell all of our friends that we had stumbled on one of the greatest untold cruising secrets.

Publication Date: 10/24/12