Carnival Dream Cruise Review by AmberTeka

Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

THE CARNIVAL DREAM...SWEET DREAM EXCEPT FOR DINING NIGHTMARE
We drove to Port Canaveral on Oct. 6, 2012. The drive is about three hours from our home. Embarkation was easy. We are now VIP, so as soon as my DH had the car parked, we were escorted to a desk, quickly given cards, and let onto the ship. our cabin was ready, luggage was late. We walked around a little, went to Boat Sinking Drill which was held in the Crimson MDR for my group. Well explained. Then we watched Sail Away from our Balcony.

CABIN...7320 Rivera Deck. Nice size. Very clean. Everything worked well. Bed was very comfortable. Quiet in the halls. Best cabin attendant ever. Flaw...hot tubs are right below the balcony. You see them..hear their conversations....no privacy at all. What a strange place to put hot tubs!I would never book a cabin that had a balcony near those hot tubs again. We seldom used the balcony after that. We felt we shared it with the folks in the Hot tub. Some of them were very loud and a bit vulgar. I am not a prude.

ENTERTAINMENT. I saw three excellent production shows. The last one.."8 More Minutes" ( country and western) was the best to me. I Enjoyed all three of the three shows. Get there early or no seat. We Played Trivia..shout out to Ryan and his great Trivia games..the other guys and gals who made that so much fun. BOO..BOO to whoever turned "Battle of the Sexes" into another stage show for exhibitionists who might have had a total I.Q of seven. When the two groups...gals and guys..battle each other..as they do on other Carnival ships..big crowds..lots of participation. When the call for volunteers went out ( and you already know..the very people who should NEVER appear on stage were the first to volunteer)...we..and many others..left.

Did not see any comedians. Never met the CD, but then did not seek him out. As said before..THE ACTIVITES GUYS AND GALS..WERE THE BEST!!!Did go to the PunchLiner's Brunch twice. Jokes were funny. I laughed. Bingo..lost. Big Crowds. Casino. I lost. Not crowded.

Dining Room Service and FOOD..Total chaos. ATD..lines to the Guest Services desk on the first night when we left at about seven. After that we had a Set Time.for early seating.We arrived each evening at six. We saw our first course at seven.I kid you not. If it had not happened to me, I would not have believed it. We saw our first bit of food..for four nights in a row..after sitting at the table for over an hour. We were at TABLE 656. The large table beside us..the small table behind us..no food. Other tables..eating..being served..offered coffee. NOT US. NO ONE EVER WALKED THROUGH THERE TO CHECK AND THE SERVICE. The lead staff person..She acted like she was insulted if you asked for a cup of coffee. This is the FIRST bad comments of Dining Service on any ship that I have ever posted. But it was beyond real.

After four nights of it, we ate hamburgers or the buffet. Carnival gets dining right on other ships..what is wrong with the Dream? If you get stuck...don't wait..eat elsewhere. The DELI..top notch. BUFFET...very good salad bar. Cannot understand why they don't separate it from the main line. ONE WOMAN held the line up for several minutes while she picked up lettuce leaf by lettuce leaf. Buffet breakfast was good. They cooked real eggs in my Omelet when I asked. Bread good. Ice Cream....stations not monitored. Kids did revolting things. (Put face under spout and tried to catch ice cream in mouth..DO THEY HAVE PARENTS?)Room Service. Lady on the phone was pleasant. It arrived right on time each morning. Very pleasant.

Ports of Call. I did not get off the ship except in St. Martin. We took the tour bus to Marigot and visited the Mall of the West Indies. I bought some wonderful smelling soaps, bath gels, things like that. I wish I had more time to just walk through there and see what all they have in that small complex.

GUEST SERVICES. Very nice. Very helpful.

DISEMBARTATION......We were to report to the Burgundy Lounge at 7:30. By eight o'clock..we were driving home. That cannot be beat.

OVERALL..ENTIRE SHIP...Gets an "A-". DINING gets an "F".

When I start reading reviews that the MDR is working right...we will sail it again.

Publication Date: 10/23/12