Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by haz22: First & maybe last on Carnival

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

First & maybe last on Carnival

Sail Date: August 2012

This was my first cruise with Carnival and had always heard 'party/good times' cruise line. Embarkation was very good-I was traveling with family who had VIP status so boarding was quick and friendly. The room was ready and our room steward-Carlos-was exceptional-his helper was so wonderful and helpful
We choose my-time dining and our waiter (Putu) was just wonderful. He remembered EVERYTHING we liked from food to desert. He was so much fun-he even got our mother up dancing. Only disappointment was the prime rib-not sure what I was served. Otherwise the food-including food area on deck 9 was great.
The port tours offered nothing new-no complaints. On board activities were so so..piano bar was a total disappointment-a man playing music to karaoke songs. A jazz combo would have been better. Other music entertainment was at the far entrance/exit of the smoke filled casino. Smoking on a cruise ship..really! Jazz was billed on the ship but the music played was not jazz..more More like ad lib on amateur night. The usual art shows-how to shop while in port-nothing memorable. Not much on board shopping-disappointing.
The ship layout was choppy. Not sure if Carnival will be on my cruise radar again was not a great experience. Those with me made the trip. I am booked on Royal in June 2013. Cant wait..Love Love Love Royal Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Empress 73xx

our category 8c cabin was good. Room was ready after embarkation. It was published as a 'jr suite' it was no larger than the 8c balcony we had on Royal. For a jr suite I was expecting more. Good space on the desk for writing-lots of shelf storage. For a jr suite items in refrigerator should be free Great bathroom dressing area with large lighted mirror and closet with shelves. Bathroom had a jetted tub which we never could get to work. The shower head was strange to work..bath products were good. Beds were comfortable-linens good-three closets. The balcony was a good size-family had room next to use so our room steward open partition so we had one long balcony. Otherwise it was a nice room.