Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Likeness

Member Name: Likeness
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 8C

Despite opening day, we all had a great time!
My husband and I had been on many cruises before, this being my fifth Carnival cruise, I pretty much knew what to expect. We got off to a rough start with parking and embarkation. EZ Cruise parking was not the easiest to work with that day. The whole parking ordeal was about an hour and involved sitting in lines, being shuffled to another lot, no AC on the bus, more lines to terminal and not being let out in front but at the opposite end of the terminal.

Embarkation was about as bad, only longer. Long line to check get to check in, about an hour. Another line to registration desk to get Sign and Sail card, another hour. Sit and wait for boarding group number to be called. Another 30 minutes. We started at noon and got on the ship at almost four and time to sail. Muster was way too long, hot and packed in like sardines. I had to get air before I passed out. Not good.

CABIN: I loved our cabin. The location was handy to dining room, casino. Our steward was never visible and always left our cabin in spotless condition with everything taken care of and some well done animals. Especially loved the hanging monkey this time! The only complaints was a defective TV set. After several calls, they replaced it with a better one that worked. They need to update to flat screens. The balconies could also use a cleaning. If you take a shower during busy times, the temp of the shower fluxuates between scalding hot and warm to cold.

FOOD: We ate in the dining room except for a couple of times at breakfast. The lines to the buffet were always way too long. If they would set up stations instead of cafeteria style lines, that would solve the line problem. I don't understand why they don't do that??? The food was really good most of the time. Our group enjoyed our nightly dinners in the dining room. P and his helpers were fantastic! They gave us excellent service. We had a group cocktail hour one evening in the Hollywood Lounge that was great fun. My husband and I had burgers at the back of the ship a couple of times and they were excellent. They also have great deli sandwiches during certain times of the day. We tried those once.

ENTERTAINMENT: We went to one show and did not like it. We played bingo a couple of times and won $40 on the pull tabs. We loved Frank the piano player in The Big Easy. He is great! They had a very good band outside of the casino too. I LOVED the casino. I liked the machines as they allowed you to play without taking your money too quickly. I play for fun and like to play when the machines actually go into some bonus rounds, which these do. Doesn't matter that I don't win a lot of even lose. This is the best casino I have ever seen on a ship.

EXCURSIONS: We don't usually do ship excursions.

OVERALL: This ship is well cared for by it's crew. The service on this ship is excellent and everyone is helpful and in great spirits. The food is really good compared to other lines that we have been on. It is an excellent value for the money.

DEBARKATION: Not bad at all.

Publication Date: 10/22/12