Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Muntyx21

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Muntyx21
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: Muntyx21
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        Under 3 1.0

Good time but how cruising has changed
We have just got back from a 14 night cruise of the Med. I have cruised a lot of times over the last 25 years and want to share my thoughts of how cruising has changed and my time on the independence of the seas.

First of all I want to stop people moaning about how expensive things are when you get on board. The first thing you don't have to buy anything u less you want to, also drinks are what you would expect to pay if you go to a good hotel which a cruise ship is. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Embarkation:

Very quick and we were on the ship within 30mins of walking into the terminal.

Cabin:

Are cabin was adequate for us, myself my wife and 6 month year old son. It was clean at all times and the bed was of a good size and comfortable. In the bathroom we could of done with more soaps being diamond members we got on small bottle of shampoo and body wash. You use to get a nice range of soaps and things but not anymore.

Ship:

As always very clean and well presented kept well sanitised. She is very impressive words don't do just for her design.

Dinning:

This has changed massively over the years and not always for the better. The food is good plenty of choice in the windjammer, sometimes food is left to long in the hot plates and needs changing more often. The dinning room has a good menu but not always executed to perfection but the food is good. Service is excellent we were well look after and really had fun with the dinning room staff.

This is the biggest change to cruising you use to get lobster and lovely steaks. But now to get this you have to pay extra in the speciality restaurants. Also no big buffets with great ice carvings and fruit carvings, this is a real shame you use to have a midnight buffet every night not anymore. They really could look at doing more with the food and making it more special.

Dress Code:

Why don't the cruise company's enforce there dress code it looks really odd people in DJ and then you get someone in there tank top and shorts. It takes the shine of the evening. You would not be allowed to wear this in top hotels so why on ships.

Casino:

Well I like flutter in the casino but the staff in the casino are the rudest I have ever met. They just could not give a damm....

Well it's a good thing I don't care much about this. But if you do we'll be ready for HI-DE-hi. They have not changed the shows in the last few years. And the acts they brought on well cheap cabaret is they only way I can describe this. Also the amount of announcements enough to drive you mad. They send you a cruise compass with everything go on time place why do they need to keep telling us as well. Bring back Graham Seymour.....

Ports of call:

Weather was not great but that's know ones fault but we loved the ports and had a great time ashore.

Overall:

We came back relaxed and had a good time. The ship is amazing and we will keep sailing Royal Caribbean. But when you go over the Atlantic why is cruising so different and even better? It could be to do with how British people want the ship to be. If you want that go P&O or Cunard leave Royal Caribbean alone.

Publication Date: 10/22/12