Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by wranglerguy: Awesome Ecstasy cruise

Awesome Ecstasy cruise

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We decided to combine our birthday and anniversary and go on a 5 day cruise. We picked the ecstasy mainly because it fit into the time frame we wanted. Plus another family we knew was going to. Also couldn't beat the price. We went as cheap as we could and picked out a cabin on the upper deck (U159). Was a bit tight for us (family of 4) we are usually suite cruisers but figured we would try a regular cabin. Overall it was ok but a bit small (family of 4, 2 adults 2 kids) but would do it again in a heartbeat. Probably not on a cruise more than 5 days though. The ship was in awesome shape and the crew was even better. I was a bit worried beforehand because I saw a few bad reviews. All the issues I read in the previous reviews are either made up, posted by someone who is way too picky or just isn't the cruising type. Rimberto in the atrium bar was awesome. The only thing that bothered me just a little was the service in the MDR. The food was hot and tasted great but the wait was way More too long. IMO it looks like they have cut the wait staff in the MDR and gave the staff more tables to wait on. We in the military call it "do more with less" I think this needs to be addressed at the CCL Corp level and fixed. Did it ruin my cruise? HECK NO!!! I had a blast and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Chogs (chair hogs): did I see any? Very few [:)]
Smoking: yes all over the place but didn't really bother me so not to bad
Babies in the pool or waterworks? Yes (with staff around) nobody seemed to care
Hats in the MDR: yes [:@] but overall pretty decent dress for the most part but didn't go around and look either.
The itinerary for this cruise was day at sea (my fav) HMC, Nassau, Freeport.
Day at sea: my favorite day out of all of the days on every cruise I have taken. We just hung out and enjoyed the ship. My wife had a massage and she said it was great.
HMC: we decided to do a beach day and hang out at ship wreck bar and swim. We have never been to HMC so didn't know what to expect. I have heard it is beautiful with powder sand. Exactly...it is a beautiful island and will go back in a heartbeat.
Nassau: we went to the British colonial Hilton. We booked it through island marketing. Very nice hotel bit weather beat but what do you expect. Nice small beach with some decent snorkeling on the outer edges of the swimming area. Saw some conch, crabs, lobster, and a sting ray. You can rent snorkel gear at the little stand at the beach. We spent most of our time at the pool. Very nice, water was cool sun was warm with a breeze. They had a pool side bar, drinks were good and plenty and food was ok nothing to fancy but not too bad. Would do it again if we went back.
Freeport (last day [:(]) we decided to just stay on the ship and treat it like a day at sea. Just did the usual ship stuff.
Overall it was an awesome cruise and would do it again tomorrow if my wife would let me.
Camp carnival was just awesome and my daughter actually asked to go to CC all the time. In fact she insisted on going to eat dinner with the kids every night from Tuesday on. I felt kinda bad because I have heard of parents ditching there kids at CC and forgetting them. But she asked to go and if we didn't take her she would get spun up. We had plenty of family time to but in the past cruises it hasn't been like this (she is 3 and this is her 4th cruise).
Circle C had plenty of things for the early teens and my son actually hung out there a lot more than any other cruises in the past. (13 and this was his 4th cruise)
The lido buffet was fairly busy but never over the top.
Any questions please ask.
We booked our next cruise while on board so received a little OBC. Dream 25May13 Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>