Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by ohotos: First time cruise a success

ohotos
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

First time cruise a success

Sail Date: September 2012
Destination: Bahamas

It had been a while that I wanted to try a cruise and our tenth anniversary was a good occasion. Ten years ago we had our honeymoon in the Bahamas (Atlantis) and this seemed like a nice opportunity to go back there and so I booked the NCL Sky cruise from September 15-21 from Miami to the Bahamas as a surprise to my wife. We were joined by another couple of friends from Europe that were first time cruisers as well.
The check-in went very smooth and the staff was very friendly off- and on-board, everybody had a smile for us.
Our balcony room was very nice and it didn't take long for our bags to arrive in front of the cabin.
After reading a couple reviews I was expecting less than average food but I must say I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food in all restaurants. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were always very good. Food was always hot and we were never dissappointed.
The ship was clean everywhere and the room steward made sure that our cabin was More always tidy as well.
In Freeport we went to the beach in Lucaya and just had a nice day there. The ratio of locals trying to sell tours and tourists must have been 1:1 but it was a nice beach day. On the second stop in Nassau we decided to go for the Atlantis Aquaventure and had a lot of fun in the waterpark (the lazy river with waves and rapids is so much fun) and as well revisiting the beaches on Paradise Island that we went to ten years ago.
Last stop was Great Stirrup Cay which made for another amazing beach day. We just hung out for hours in the water, walked the island a bit and ate some really good barbeque.
On board we mostly just hung out by the pool, ate, relaxed, slept... didn't really go to any of the entertainment as the shows were mostly on when we were eating or doing something else.
Overall a very positive first experience and I would definitely cruise with NCL again! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky Balcony Stateroom Viking Deck 0025

Great location, very quiet. Just a bit far from the stairs/elevators but didn't mind the walk.

Very nice island and it seems that NCL is still doing a lot of work so it will only be better in the future. BBQ food was great and we just relaxed in the water most of the day.

Atlantis Aquaventure

(5)
A very fun day at Atlantis Aquaventure. We were just dissapointed that the two slides going through the shark tank from the Mayan temple were closed for renovations. Some areas of Atlantis seemed a bit run-down compared to ten years ago but the beaches are as nice as ever.