“Wonderful Adonia”

Billybudgie
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We set off from Southampton. The embarkation experience was excellent. It was the first time I had been from this port and the service was very good. I loved the Adonia: a small ship which made getting around without getting lost much easier. We dined in the Pacific restaurant in the evenings and in the Conservatory for breakfast.We watched entertainment in the Curzon Lounge and the Crows Nest bar. There was not such a choice of entertainment on such a small ship but we enjoyed it and were always able to find seats, even if we turned up quite late. We used the shuttle buses to explore the ports of call and didn't take any excursions. The service provided by everyone on the Adonia was first class. I had read reviews complaining that the bathrooms were small but did not find that to be a problem, but I suppose would be for someone over weight, and the cabin we had was called an obstructed view but it was really was very easy to see out, with a tender boat just visible at the side. Overall, this was a fantastic cruise and a great introduction to the Adonia. I will certainly cruise on her again. Brest - not much at the port but it was interesting to wander through the town and visit the castle. San Sebastian - We took the shuttle bus to the main town and spent time on the beach which is great for surfing. Bilbao - We took a shuttle bus to the main city centre and saw the Guggenheim Museum and the huge flower sculpture of a dog by Jeff Koons called Puppy.
Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

NAc049
Cabin C049 was excellent. It was a good size and had a good view, despite being called obstructed. I would recommend it.

Port
Honfleur is a quaint little town with lots to explore on foot. We got a shuttle bus from the port but it was no distance to walk. A lovely harbour with lots of fishing boats.
Published 10/21/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Adonia Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?