Carnival Dream Cruise Review by jcrules343

Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4H
See More About: Carnival Dream Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Happy Times!
I have been cruising since 1993. I took this cruise on a whim. A buddy of mine said they were going on a cruise so my wife, he and his wife and another couple booked our rooms on the Carnival Dream. I got a military rate so my room was already booked and had I known it was on the bottom floor of cabins I would have paid a little bit more.

Embarkation was the smoothest I have ever been through. We arrived at 10:50 AM even though we all had gotten an email asking us to show up between 1:30 PM and 3:00 PM. We wanted to get through the lines and on our way cruising. We entered the terminal at 10:55 and by 11:30 we were on the ship.

We went to the Lido Deck to take part in the feasting and my friend had read other reviews and already knew about the pasta bar. Even on the first day the pasta bar was open but we did not partake until later on in our cruise. We eventually found our cabin and even though this was our first interior cabin it was spacious and nice.

I did have one small problem with noise coming from behind our room. After the fouth night of unsettled sleep Carnival moved us to another room and thus we were made happy with the next three nights of uninterrupted slumber.

Once we did partake in the Pasta Bar it was excellent. It was like going to an unknown private dining room on the ship. I highly suggest doing this at least once. I heard the Bar-B-Que that took place on the Lanai on deck 5 was great but the day I went to try it out the winds were so strong they did not cook so I missed out since this was the last sailing day.

I enjoyed the show titled "Dancing in the Streets" it was the Best Show I have seen on Carnival and I have been Cruising since 1993. Please go see it. I also want to give serious props to the Lead Singer in the shows. She was very pretty and has the best female voice I have ever heard on Carnival and she matches most female vocalist in mainstream music. The other show that was called "8 Seconds" was a little too Hee Haw for me. I like country music but some of this music was too country.

One small complaint I have is the Serenity Area for 21 year olds and older. They had two jacuzzi spas but no pool. Due to the wind blocking barriers it gets too hot to be comfortable when trying to lay out. I would recommend the Aft Pool, it was the best area to get sun and pool.

Overall Carnival did a great job and even our debarkation was smooth and flawless. I highly recommend the Dream.

Publication Date: 10/21/12