“Bad Toast”

Cynde
Member Since 2001
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I had read the reviews for the Legend and had noticed they weren't the greatest. I'd hoped that they were written by people who may be a bit pickier than I am. After this cruise, however, I see that they were spot on. We flew into Tampa and stayed at the HIExpress and were happy with that hotel. We had a large group so chose a private bus for shuttle to airport which ended up being Blue One-same company that hotel used. Shuttle arrived 11:00 morning of cruise and we were onboard by 12:30. Was quick and easy even though we heard ship arrived late and was still debarking when we took off from HI. Once onboard we headed up to lido for lunch and were thoroughly disappointed. The potato salad was still frozen and my friend picked up her wrap and water came gushing out. Assuming the meat in it was also still frozen. First morning at sea we had ordered room service and I ordered toast. It came perfectly WHITE. NO toasted areas. None. Just a piece of bread. It was actually somewhat funny and I took my "toast" around to other friend's cabins and we had a good laugh. I was just re-reading another poster who said their toast was never brown on both sides. I might have been happy if mine was brown on ONE side. LOL Overall food on lido wasn't good. Cheesecake had no flavor. Red velvet cupcakes were hard as a rock. Bacon was dripping grease and not cooked fully. I stood in line twice first morning and when I got to the food there was no eggs, no bacon and no potatoes....either time. I finally went to omelet station and that was good. Ports were the usual. I had been to all but Roatan. Cozumel we swam with the dolphins and LOVED it until we were charged $199 for all the pics. We had a family of 6 and individual pics were $30 so it would have been $180 to get one of each of us anyway so we elected to go for the full set for higher price. Belize was same as always...Could have done without it. Roatan and Tabyana Beach was the HIGHLIGHT of the trip. What a BEAUTIFUL place. Could have stayed there every day. Cayman was great. We took a cab for $5/per person to 7 mile beach, then came back and ate at Hard Rock and did a little shopping around port. Many of us got sick on cruise. I'm not sure if there was norovirus going around or what but alot of us came down with colds, gastric upsets etc. We noticed our cabin steward, Ari, was wearing a mask when we were departing. Ari did a great job of servicing our room but my daughter and family next door woke up first morning to sewer water all over the bathroom. Other family asked for soap for 3 days before they ever received any. They also requested their phone to be fixed as it wasn't working and it took a couple days for that to happen. In addition to "toast" issue room service would miss something that you had ordered every time. Once no cream cheese for bagels, once no coffee, once got my yogurt but no spoon to eat it with. Casino seemed "tight" although I did wind up winning $100 after I switched from slots to 21 AND I heard someone won $25,000.00 on slots. All in all, it was probably the worst cruise in all the cruises I have taken although we made the best of it and didn't let it ruin our time. I am looking forward to trying another cruise line next trip. Pretty sure I've had about enough hairiest chest contests to last me for awhile.
Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8A4229
Cabin was fine although would have preferred something mid ship instead of aft.

Published 10/20/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Legend Review
Carnival Legend Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?