Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Liberal_Baggie

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Liberal_Baggie
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: Liberal_Baggie
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: B5
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Outstanding Holiday of a lifetime
arrival in New york I could honestly find nothing to complain about. We had a really lovely cabin with a restricted view but to be honest it really does not matter as once underway you cannot spend much time on the balcony as the wind is a bit much in the middle of the Atlantic.However the light and feel of space was worth paying a bit extra for.I would choose the same cabin again. Midships deck Eight.

We are a vegetarian couple and found the food in the Britannia a delight,we could choose off the main menu always at least 2 vegetarian choices or they had a separate vegetarian menu to order off the night before..Well done Cunard. If they could start to order organic food all the better! The staff in the Britannia were particularly fantastic so helpful and cheerful. We took our own wine until it ran out on day 5 had to pay a corkage charge but I didn't mind at all.If there is a grander restaurant on the planet I would be surprised.Don't bother paying for the Grills..Book a table for Eight and have a blast talking to your shipmates we did! use the money for the Spa..We had a Three day pass well worth the money it has hardly any body in it most of the time sheer indulgence and bliss.

Speakers.. the fantastic Christine Roussel talked about all the great things we would see in New York and gave us a great knowledge of what we were about to see she was great.So was Sir David Frost..we went to the church service to make sure we saw God and sir David who was on after God that's a tip.

The shows were glitzy and fun and the programme of events throughout the day was packed. I even managed to play my guitar in the talent show! Enjoyed watching Keith the entertainment managers TV programmes in the morning sipping the cocktail of the day. Fantastic bars so elegant favourite the Commodore club! and what a view from the library my favourite place on the ship.Even managed to run six miles around deck 7.

The people who moan on here must have more money than they know what to do with.They clearly live in a different universe to most people that's for sure.For most of us who work hard take it from me a transatlantic trip on the QM2 is one of life's greatest pleasures.

Publication Date: 10/17/12