Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by earljbarrett

Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Last time on NCL
It has been a while since I was on an NCL Cruise and they are not the same line. The food was plentiful but oh so ordinary and poorly prepared. The dinners were at best 2 star and I sent three back because they were so bad, Shrimp scampi for instance was a soupy mess containing 8 tiny shrimp. The only reservation we could have in either dining room were at 5:30 or after 8 because there were three very large groups who had booked times for the entire voyage between 6 and 8. We were given electronic devices to tell us when we could attend dinner and never waited less then 30 minutes.

The rooms were tiny and the beds were the most uncomfortable I have ever used on a cruise. It took max effort and two hands just to open the balcony door. Sheets didn't fit and the towels were laundered in such a harsh detergent that I broke out in red blotches. The room contained a single outlet even though we all know more are required for todays travelers electronics.

The entertainment was 1 star if i compare it to any of the other cruises I have taken. It seemed that they put all their energy into finding ways to charge you extra for things that used to be part of a cruise. The internet rooms were always empty and for good reason. The library was a conglomeration of old and worn novels that needed updating in the worst way. I could go on about the lack of organization and poor tours but I think i have made my point, namely -NCL is just not a quality line.

The good news was that the staff tried very hard to be the best they could be and the ports were interesting even though there was little leaf color. I booked two tours on my own and the joy of traveling in a small van with a well versed guide was fantastic.

Publication Date: 10/20/12