Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by budgiefanactic: Disappointing

Disappointing

Sail Date: October 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

We sailed on this ship on Western Med and it is the first time I have done Freestyle cruising. I was looking forward to the experience and after reading all the reviews was really expecting something extraordinary.

The ship itself was disappointing, the stateroom despite being a three berth was very small and although there were only two of us we found it very small. If one of us was sat at the hairdryer the other person was trapped at one end of the cabin with no room to move around. The washbasin was in the cabin and not the bathroom - how strange? The glass doors to the toilet and shower are very weird - good job there is a curtain you can pull across to shut them off but a couple of times we were nearly caught drying ourselves off after showering by the cabin steward knocking on door as there is nowhere to dry yourself other than by the cabin door.

The layout of the ship was most peculiar - I have never spent all week trying to work out what was on what deck More and even which direction I was going to try and work out where I wanted to be.

We ate at the two main complementary dining rooms and always there was a wait for a table. Each time we were given one of the buzzers and told 10 - 15 minute wait. Never was the wait under 45 minutes and the buzzers never went off we had to go back to them to ask for a table.I was really looking forward to the entertainment and quite excited about having to pre book but ended up disappointed as there was no general entertainment shows just the specialist. The Blue Man Group were good, the Legends disappointing and Los Locos Amigos absolute crap - I wouldn't cross the road to see them - how on earth they got a booking on a major cruise line I don't know. The Cirque Dreams and Dinner was good but I wish I had paid extra for premium seating as when they were on the trapeze you couldn't see them from where we were sat.

Overall I was very disappointed with this cruise and whilst i quiet enjoyed the Freestyle aspect I wont be rushing to book with NCL again. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Balcony Stateroom Deck 8 11212

Stayed in Civitevecchia and didnt go to Rome. Was quite pleasantly surprised by how charming it was.