Carnival Destiny 5

“Destiny is a fine ship”
Cruise review of Carnival Destiny

sara'scruisin'
Member Since 2003
18 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We planned on a quick fall getaway and the price of this cruise sealed the deal. We cruise often-about twice a year-and have been on Carnival 3 times before. We usually favor Celebrity and RCCL, but the price for this trip was too good to pass up. We got an ocean suite balcony for a 4 night itinerary to Key West and Cozumel.

Embarkation: for some reason we got VIP embarkation, and were greeted in a private lounge and boarded quickly. I was worried about the lido deck lunch crowd, since this had been a MAJOR problem on our prior Carnival cruises. Happily, we easily found seating and enjoyed a delicious Italian-style buffet. It was fairly crowded, but nothing what I had experienced before--walking around with your tray, praying that someone will free up a table.

Cabin:wow! We had never had a suite before, usually a balcony room. We had a king bed, twin sleeper sofa, granite bar, dressing room with granite counters, bathroom with granite floors and whirlpool bath with More shower. Also, large balcony. I didn't want to leave the cabin! Excellent room steward who always worked around our late rising schedule. Oh, and more storage space than we knew what to do with.

Dining:we ate in the MDR and enjoyed every meal. Drink service was a little slow, but no big deal. Service was outstanding. Our server had worked for Carnival for over 27 years, and he was so professional and courteous.

Fellow passengers: nice mix of young party types and middle age folks like me. The party people didn't cramp my style. I enjoyed being with them in the casino and found them lively and not obnoxious.

Debarkation: most everyone had carryon cases since this was only a 4 night cruise. Carnival wanted everyone off by 8, or soon after, and that went smoothly.

Overall: a nice older ship that has been well-kept, at an extraordinary bargain. Would not hesitate doing this cruise again Less

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: October 2012
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

117149

Basic Mexico beach, shopping, snorkeling place.
Read 4533 Cozumel Reviews

Been there several times before. The conch train tour is good, Hemingway house, snorkeling.
Read 1088 Key West Reviews

Published 10/16/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?