Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by winkyjrp

Cruise Date: October 2012
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Allure of the Seas
Well where do I begin!!! Lol!! First of all, I just got off this ship literally 12 hours ago and I have NEVER seen anything like this ship. Before I begin, this review will probably be pretty lengthy and since this is my first RC cruise and I am a veteran Carnival cruiser, you will probably see many comparisons here. Also, I am a plus sized passenger so you'll see things from my perspective to hopefully aid other future passengers that have some of the same challenges that I had.

I was traveling with my husband and two small boys (6 and 12) in my immediate party (there were other family and friends traveling with us as well). My husband and I are in our late 30's and do not drink/party nor did our children participate in the kids programs on board. I did go up to that deck and kinda look around and that section looked amazing. The only reason we didn't send out kids there was the age difference between our boys they would have been in two separate categories and not have been able to be together as they wanted.

EMBARKATION: Overall was great. Very quick and painless. We arrived the night before and stayed at Springhill Suites Ft. Lauderdale which was a great hotel, no complaints. They provide a free shuttle to the ship and we were able to get on pretty early, before noon. The only issues I had was I was given a wheelchair upon arrival (due to my fibromyalgia sometimes it's hard to walk long distances) and at one point they took me to one section, took my wheelchair, and told me I had to wait for another one. WHAT?? Umm, what's wrong with the chair I'm sitting in? Really?? I have to get out of this one?? Anyway, I got frustrated waiting and just told them I would walk the rest of the way and I did. There are about 3 or 4 inclines you must walk up to get to the ship so if you have trouble walking prepare yourself for this.

Like everyone else has said, our rooms were not ready until 1:30 so what else do you do?? EAT!!! The Windjammer like it has been already stated many times is completely crowded all of the time especially when you first get on the ship so we went to Sorrento's Pizza (free) and ate there and just sat until our rooms were ready.

DINING: Windjammer is always crowded but the trick to getting a seat is the timing. Breakfast, if I were you I'd just go to the dining room. Most of the usual foods they serve buffet style on one side, ala carte on the other side of the dining room but if you're stuck on the ala carte side all you have to do is order your pancakes or omelettes from your waiter and go to the buffet and get everything else (waffles, eggs, grilled tomatoes, bacon, sausage, donuts, etc) LUNCH: Right around 12 and 2 the Windjammer starts to have some seats so that is the times we would go. There is also Johnny Rockets that for $5 you get so much food you wont know what to do with yourself. Park Cafe has free wraps, roast beef sandwiches (that everybody raves about but were completely undercooked in my opinion) chips, salads, just many choices around the ship to choose from for a free bite to eat. DINNER: We mostly ate in the dining room and the food is subpar to Carnival's dining room. We had a wonderful waitress (Michelle) but the food wasn't that great night after night to me. We LOVED Carnival's dining room food all the time. We also went to Chops one night which was incredible but still I feel David's Steakhouse on the Carnival Pride was a tad bit better. We also went to Samba one night too and that food was delicious. We visited the Cupcake Cupboard many times throughout the cruise and always got tasty treats there.

ENTERTAINMENT: HANDS DOWN RC BEATS ANY OTHER CRUISE SHIP'S ENTERTAINMENT NO QUESTION NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!!!!! I couldn't believe we were on a cruise ship!!! The Dreamworks Parade was awesome for the kids (even adults) ALL the shows were fantastic!!! I didn't enjoy Chicago, though but the rest were simply amazing!! The divers,trampolines, ice skaters, acrobats, it goes on and on and it was all top notch. Go to every show you can!! You won't be disappointed.

PORTS: Haiti, boring! Nothing really to do there. TOO HOT!!!! Jamaica - my favorite port!! I didn't do anything there but shop and spend too much money,lol. Mexico-I went to the Chankuub Park and watched some people in my party go swimming with the Dolphins and came back to the ship. We're not big tourists so not much to say from us on this topic.

Let me see, what else can I add? Out of all the cruises I've been on I did not enjoy my cabin stewart this time. He was simply not attentive and did not take the time to introduce himself to us nor get to know us. Umm, what else? Oh, if you have a weight issue like me and have trouble sitting in chairs with arms, The Windjammer is full of chairs with no arms so if you are not sitting at a table with them, simply ask someone and they will find you one. Also, the dining room is the same way. The Amber Theatre has some seats on Deck 5 in the last row that the arm goes up. The Aqua Theatre has benches that are comfy where you don't have to sit in those chairs with arms, and Studio D where the Ice Shows take place I just sat in my wheelchair so I dont know about those seats. Oh, the rooms are teeny tiny!! Carnival's room are twice the size.

DEBARKATION - Simply a breeze,

Overall, I would say ALLURE is an amazing ship, but I don't see paying twice what we would pay for Carnival except for the entertainment. I would go back Carnival next time.

Hope this helped, Happy Voyages!!!!!!

Publication Date: 10/16/12